Area Logistics/Operations Opportunities

5,094 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rexter
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There some really good Ags working there so you would be a welcome addition
Zip 88
I found one such Ag on LinkedIn and added him as a connection.

He gave some good insight into the sales position. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a good jumping off point into operations.

And, apparently, they like to know about your willingness to re-locate, up-front. I'm not, so that would be an issue.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Supervisor and management positions open up all time in operations and to get those u must be an employee

Relocating is for the AE position, but yes you say that you can relocate to get the job but only about 20 people a year do and they are typically transplants from the north that are free to move
once you are in the system you can apply for any job in operations

6 weeks of training in the air conditioning and a chance to get to operations beats what u are doing now

MookieBlaylock
AG
But having sad that you will have to suck up some pride to this as this is a diff culture big time
AG_2006
AG
Have you considered visionworks in Schertz?
Zip 88
Mookie, thanks for the additional insight. I have worked in a few different company cultures, but none of them match what I had in the military. I need to adapt. The position is worth considering.

AG, I have seen a few listings for Visionworks, but haven't read up on the company. I'll do some research this weekend.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Have you checked on Cysco out past Selma?
Zip 88
Tony, I looked into them several months ago; nothing posted at the time. I'll see what's available now.

Coincidentally, I was talking to one of their drivers yesterday. He said he operates out of a San Antonio facility, so I need to expand the search there, it seems.

Thanks for the ideas and support, Ags. This networking board is exactly why I signed up for TexAgs in the first place. I'd like to be able to return the favor one day.
MookieBlaylock
AG
HEB?
Zip 88
Can't make any inroads with those guys.

And the application process is so convoluted, it's seems like every job you apply for is the CEO position.
Rexter
Sysco has a drop yard in Austin and SA. Their warehouses are in Houston, Schertz, Dallas.

Ben E Kieth just announced a 511K sq ft DC in Selma.
Zip 88
Thanks Rex. I was just looking into Sygma, Sysco, and FreshPointe.

I think I have seen the Keith name somewhere before; will check it out.

You'd think I could just fall into a logistics job with all that expansion in that 3009/industrial park area.
Rexter
Check out XPO Logistics, too. They have openings all over the state for various terminal and road positions.
AG
Just was out on the east side and don't know if you have canvassed over there. Saw a big Stevenson facility and TricorBraun. Plenty of other large complexes that seem to have a pretty big fleet or warehouse area, didn't get a lot of the names.
Zip 88
Rex, XPO has a bunch of driver jobs, and a few part-time gigs.

Tony, I haven't looked at that side of town too much, as I was more focused on the Schertz area. I know the SE part of town has a lot of hauling and dock operations, but again, a lot of those positions are part-time.
Rexter
Sysco in Schertz placed an ad today on Indeed for a produce planner.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.