Commuting: New Braunfels to I10/410 Area?

1,463 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agdoc2001
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How bad would this commute be?

Tia
Whitetail
AG
What time of day?
Beckdiesel03
AG
I had this commute for 3 years. Best case was 40 minutes door to door. Worst case was 2.5 hours. I went in early and normally left by 430. Friday afternoons always sucked no matter when I left.
Vernada
AG
quote:
What time of day?

Regular working hours.

If it's up to me I would try to get in around 7 and leave at 4.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I would say at regular hours hours looking at prob 55-60 minutes at least . Leaving NB before 7 was always key for an easier commute.
Vernada
AG
quote:
I had this commute for 3 years. Best case was 40 minutes door to door. Worst case was 2.5 hours. I went in early and normally left by 430. Friday afternoons always sucked no matter when I left.

I guess 40 m isn't too terrible.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yea but the 40 minutes was normally when I was getting there before 630am or leaving after 8pm.
Vernada
AG
Doh
GinaLinetti
AG
Is bet you average an hour. I'm at 10 and Callaghan and can get to NB in 30-35 min most days in regular traffic. Never taken more than an hour
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
quote:
What time of day?

Regular working hours.

If it's up to me I would try to get in around 7 and leave at 4.
The worse parts of that drive are 35 south starting about 2 miles of the 410 exit, 410 starting around the airport through West Avenue and then again just before the I10 exit. If you leave NB around 6-6:30 am, it shouldn't be too bad. Leaving at 4 pm to get to NB will probably be pretty slow when you get towards the 35N exchange starting around Perrin Beitel. If there is an accident, that is when you will see 1-2 hours.
jgh85Ag
AG
Exiting at the airport and taking Wetmore to Wurzbach to Lookout road is my way home to beat the 35 traffic. I live in Selma. Take lookout all the way to 3009. It still takes 45 minutes from downtown on heavy traffic days. That drive would be an ass whip to say the least.
TLA02
AG
I do it now from 46W in New Braunfels to just outside the Airport.
Some mornings its 35mins, others its an hour. 1-35 to 410
Going home I take Wurzbach Parkway to 35 and go home, steady 40 mins except Fridays which is a crap-shoot.

Still better than living in Houston or Dallas....
agdoc2001
AG
I go the opposite direction and you couldn't pay me to make that drive every day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.