Riverwalk tex mex?

2,357 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by f2foxes2001
texagpilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs? Me and 8 month pregnant wife staying at Menger Sunday night, just want some simple old fashioned Mexican or tex mex food. Nothing fancy, or pretentious, just good ol cheese enchiladas with chili gravy and fajitas, chile relleno type food. All the threads i see say everything is bad on river walk, but it cant be that terrible, right?
p_bubel
Find an outdoor patio spot at Mexican Manhattan. There's a riverwalk entrance too.
ksp
May have to try this is december. Never had any luck with Riverwalk food.
AgPediRPh
AG
Not ON the Riverwalk, but Rosario's downtown is my favorite Mexican restaurant in the city.
Burdizzo
AG
River walk food is targeted for Yankee tourists so it tends to be bland and overpriced. That said, Casa Rio is decent generic Tex Mex. My old, white, friends who are long time San Antonians seemed to like Mex Manhattan, but I have never been there personally.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Third vote for Mexican Manhattan. Eat outside on the patio. It's not really a primary tourist destination.
Matsui
AG
Acenar
treetop flyer
Acenar
mslags97
AG
quote:
Not ON the Riverwalk, but Rosario's downtown is my favorite Mexican restaurant in the city.

Not my favorite; that would be Paloma Blanca. But, this place is awesome as well! Great food.
george92
I agree on Mexican Manhattan but the original Blanco Cafe on St Mary's has killer enchiladas.
bam02
AG
I always recommend Rosario's when this question gets asked. 5 minute walk from the riverwalk and well worth it.
p_bubel
I don't disagree with any of the other suggestions after mine either.

Good luck, and have fun.
Twelfthman99
AG
I second Blanco Cafe... EOT.
aggiejim70
AG
Stay the hell away from Casa Rio. Rather than go there, take your friends back to the house and open up three or four cans of Old El Paso.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
mike073
AG
Another vote for the Manhattan. Also Sunday night 9:00, 9:30 and 10:00 they project the story of San Antonio in movies and sound on the facade of the Cathedral, just around the corner.

http://www.mainplaza.org/san-antoniothe-saga
goags2
AG
Thought this would have been posted already.
For those of you who listen to Joe Pags (Pagliarulo) on WOAI, his 16 year old daughter is missing.
Last seen 3 days ago, with a 29 year old, IMO white trash, in white 2011 Toyota Camry, License GZZ 1279.
Please be on lookout and notify authorities.
She has died blonde hair, cheerleader build.
For more, easy search on web or facebook.
texagpilot
AG
Ate at Rosarios, was very good. Had a cup of the pozole and puffy tacos. Wife had cheese enchiladas. Quac was very fresh and seasoned just right. Thanks for all the recs. Can't wait to go back and try the others.
Manhattan was closed. Wanted to try Schilos for breakfast but closed for holiday also. La Villita was perfect for breakfast.
Watched the projection on San Fernando Cathedral, was amazing.
p_bubel
Thanks for the follow up. Rarely do we get that.
BoozerRed78
AG
For what you're looking to accomplish, I would recommend Casa Rio. Decent cheese enchiladas, basis Tex-Mex. And you get to "experience the Riverwalk". Casa Rio is a Riverwalk mainstay, right in the thick of things, and that's half the fun, IMO. Sit next to the water, feed the ducks, wave at the river barges, drink margaritas and have fun.
f2foxes2001
AG
Acenar or Mex Manhattan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.