Orthopedic surgeon for knee?

1,893 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Kay's Lounge
Kay's Lounge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My husband thinks he tore something in his knee. Any recs for a good orthopedic? We don't have any doctors here yet, so figured he should probably just go straight to the orthopedic.
Thanks in advance!
AgPT06
AG
Dr. Whaley of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine of San Antonio or Dr Schmidt of Sports Medicine Associates of San Antonio.
CoolaidWade
AG
Dr. Michael Heckman is Awesome. He repaired a meniscus tear a few years ago and my knee feels better now then ever. I really recommend him.

http://sanantoniosportsmedicine.com/
bam02
AG
Schmidt is fantastic.
Kay's Lounge
AG
Thank you for the suggestions! Appreciate it!
Tursiops93
AG
I have seen Dr. Schmidt and Dr. Saenz at Sports Medicine Associates of San Antonio for years for a torn ACL. They are fantastic docs and they are also the Spurs orthopedic docs.

They are set up a bit different, just so you aren't surprised. Dr. Saenz sees all knee patients until they are determined to require surgery. Dr. Schmidt is the surgeon and that is when he takes over.
SA Ag 91
AG
A second vote for Mike Heckman.
Goodbull_19
AG
Schmidt.
SA-AG72
AG
Ty Goletz!
shihitemuslim
AG
Geoff Millican for sure!
loveaTm
AG
We have unfortunately needed a knee surgeon more than once for our sons. Brad Tolin at the San Antonio Orthopaedic Group has been great.
Kay's Lounge
AG
Thank you all for the recs! He went to Sports Medicine Associates and got it check out... Thankfully, no tear!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.