Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Cabinets

810 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by p_bubel
p_bubel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have a online cabinet company they recommend?

I've been pricing out some companies and still not set on the route I want to go.

I've priced out 1 wall of lower cabinets at four different companies to compare and so far here is what I got:

Ikea $2,215 with all the hardware and two filler pieces but I'll have to modify the sink cabinet to fit an proper apron sink.

RTA $2,646 - no hardware or filler pieces included will have to cut two 18" cabinets down to a depth of 15" (old houses are fun!)

Stock Cabinet Express $1,588 - again, no hardware or filler pieces and will have to cut two 18" cabinets down to a depth of 15"

LilyAnn Cabinets $1,750 again, no hardware or filler pieces and will have to cut two 18" cabinets down to a depth of 15"

Any personal recommendations would be welcome.
I'm at the point I would buy unpainted cabinets and would take the time to do it myself.
schwack schwack
AG
Designs by Dodson - Probably not much help since they are in Longview, but they did a custom wall unit for our bedroom that was exactly what we wanted at a really good price.

They also saw the market for building wholesale, all wood units that are much better than big box or the RTA cabinets we've bought in the past for rental renovations. Same custom sizes you would get a box store, but better quality. All come with soft close doors and drawers, and are ready to paint or stain!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057349642520
p_bubel
schwack schwack said:

Designs by Dodson - Probably not much help since they are in Longview, but they did a custom wall unit for our bedroom that was exactly what we wanted at a really good price.

They also saw the market for building wholesale, all wood units that are much better than big box or the RTA cabinets we've bought in the past for rental renovations. Same custom sizes you would get a box store, but better quality. All come with soft close doors and drawers, and are ready to paint or stain!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057349642520

Thanks!

Looking at roughly $809 for that one wall.
schwack schwack
AG
There is a price list on their page - not sure if it's the latest one, but will give you an idea.

We put them in a rental apartment and the quality was really good - we've done RTA ones in the past, but these are much better.

edit - oh wait - I guess you found that price page....is that their price on yours?
p_bubel
Yeah. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. More labor for me, but whatever.
schwack schwack
AG
Glad it might work out for you.

On the wall unit in our bedroom, they built it in several sections & we could have had them deliver & install, but Mr. Schwack did the assembly & paint + crown at the top to tie it to the ceiling.
HeightsAg
Can't speak for the others but I used LilyAnn for my rental and was actually really impressed by the quality and easy of assembly. Would definitely use them again.
ChoppinDs40
AG
used cabinets.com for a project. they're a bit pricey but have loved the quality thus far. The softclose are perfect and they come assembled.
tgivaughn
AG
Too bad you don't have a local cabinetman that could provide a forever creation, tweaked to perfection and Fit.
Good cabs often outlast most furniture!
IMHO and am sticking to it
p_bubel
tgivaughn said:

Too bad you don't have a local cabinetman that could provide a forever creation, tweaked to perfection and Fit.
Good cabs often outlast most furniture!

My cabinet guy who built a lot of my window shashes was nearly triple the cost. Not going to happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.