Leaf Filter.com

1,739 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by fav13andac1)c
Lake08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there absolutely zero maintenance on these? We have 5 live oaks that hang over half our house. Was thinking of removing gutters all together. We have a very high degree pitch on roof.
TexAg1987
I have regular expanded metal leaf guards and have no issues with all my trees. No maintenance.
malenurse
AG
I have several live oaks and my biggest headache is not the leaves but the catkins. They accumulate on the roof and will not rinse off during even heavy rainfalls.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
I have to be totally honest, I havn't seen any leaf guards work 'perfect'. The leaf guards are about as good as it gets but it has to be installed properly. They cannot be 'removed' and then 'reinstalled', so make sure it's done right the first time. They are also quite expensive.
https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
DDub74
Have you priced them yet? For our new house (4,200 SF two story) they wanted $15,000 for them. We have a big oak in front and back. I said hell no. I had my builder have his gutter guy put them in for $1500. Just normal mesh leaf protection. Work fine. I still have to clean the ridges and gutter stops twice a year but otherwise work fine.

And I disagree with their zero maintenance point. If you have hip joints or other pinch points, the small branches and leaves will always gather and eventually have to clean off regardless.
fav13andac1)c
AG
We just received a $34000 (no, really, $34k) quote from them on our 2500 sq ft house. 395 linear square feet. We weren't going to say yes, but it seems like that's absolutely outrageous compared to what I'm seeing.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Have compared leaf filter against leaf blaster PRO? I feel like you can do that and new gutters combined for less than 1/3 the leaf filter price. Mesh sizes are very different but the cost is as well. If you go with leaf filter, make sure you keep your receipt in case you ever get hail damage so the insurance has a baseline and proof of cost so they don't hassle you. The price on them is well over what they will default to.
https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
Sazerac
AG
My house came with the actually ridiculously overpriced leaf guard brand on most of the house. They work great except in heavy rain fall / highly sloped roofs. Then they become matchbox racing tracks and the water just launches off them like ramps vs rolling over the lip.

To solve, in some corners I put up metal shields as a backstop and in other areas I replaced with the standard metal grate like gutters.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Jason_InfinityRoofer said:

Have compared leaf filter against leaf blaster PRO? I feel like you can do that and new gutters combined for less than 1/3 the leaf filter price. Mesh sizes are very different but the cost is as well. If you go with leaf filter, make sure you keep your receipt in case you ever get hail damage so the insurance has a baseline and proof of cost so they don't hassle you. The price on them is well over what they will default to.

Thanks for the advice, truly. But the more research I do the more I think the guy was trying to take me to the cleaners.

I could install aluminum gutters and have someone clean them 3 times a year for 30 years and they still wouldn't cost as much as what leaf filter was asking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.