Carpet Tiles for Rugs

1,405 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by rilloaggie
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was at a friends house and they had a rug made with carpet tiles and it looked great. The brand she used was FLOR, but they are pretty pricey for my budget.

Has anyone else used another brand? Or know of another brand that makes carpet tiles that can stick together to form a rug? We have a large living room, so if I'm looking at different options that won't cause me to go broke.
TX AG 88
AG
I've seen a piece of carpet bound at the edges to make a rug. Sort of the same thing, but what kind of backer do they use to get the tiles to act as a unit. (And if you were to pick up or fold the carpet, would it "break" along the seams between the tiles? That seems undesirable...)
AggieAces06
AG
The FLOR brand has an adhesive edge that overlaps. So they stick to each other (similar to the peel and stick vinyl tile)

I look around online and Lowe's and Home Depot carry some similar items, but they are mostly commercial and have the office building look to them.
Aggietaco
AG
There's not a lot of alternate options as easy as Flor, they are the leader by far. iCarpetiles.com is a less expensive competitor, or you can look into sourcing carpet tiles by the box elsewhere but you won't find the range of options that Flor offers.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Get a ton of samples
Sew them together
?????
Rug
kermas
Sorry for bumping, but my wife is in the hope to find the same rug. Were you lucky to get one at a reasonable price?
damynair
RugsUSA have a large choice
rilloaggie
AG
The bot swarm hitting this thread
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.