Houston preemergent timing?

3,198 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Cromagnum
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since summer refuses to go away, I have no idea how long to wait to put down premergent. I normally do it towards the end of October but am not sure if the prolonged hot weather will affect timing this go around.
water turkey
I think Randy Lemmon was saying to put it out already. I wouldn't wait.
PoopKing
AG
Safe to put down winterizer fertilizer and a pre-emergent at the same time?
txag2008
AG
I guess you could, but I've always heard to put down fertilizer first then follow with preE days/wk later.

I definitely don't know if that matters though
The Catfish
AG
I put mine down at the same time and haven't ever had issues.
Boats and Hose
AG
Any ideas where to buy winterizer? HD and Lowes in west Houston only had 2 types of winterizer and not in the ratios I'm looking for.
redag06
Houston garden center
Cloud
Boats and Hose said:

Any ideas where to buy winterizer? HD and Lowes in west Houston only had 2 types of winterizer and not in the ratios I'm looking for.

Nitro Phos fall special. Ace Hardware carries everything you need for randy lemmon's schedule. Even have paper copies of the schedule you can grab.
Boats and Hose
AG
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I just pulled up to Ace Hardware. Glad to hear they'll have what I'm looking for.
Cromagnum
AG
Put down my Prodiamine 65 WDG on Sunday. Future broadleaf weeds can eff off now.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sod Web worms have been an issue. I read Randy's info on treament and followed it. Backyard is hosed but save the front yard. DIDN'T see what happens to these *******s in the winter. Anyone know?
Cromagnum
AG
Seems like this year I've dealt with every manner of BS that can plague a St Augustine yard.

Death by "drought" 5 days after floods.
Junebug grubworm attack.
Take all root rot.
These damn webworms which i have never seen before.

I mow my grass on almost the highest setting, fertilize it water it and try to keep it up, but mother nature just hates St Augustine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.