Door between Garages

1,066 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jaggiemaggie
BCOBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently added a 2 car garage to my existing 2 car garage. The old garage is going to be a workshop so I plan on removing the existing 18' garage door. I need to put something else in it's place as I will be air conditioning the old garage/shop.

Requirements
* Need to have a person door as we will park in the new garage and come into the house though the old garge
* Need to be able to get fairly large equipment into the old garage / shop I'm thinking 6' at least

Initial thought was to put in a person door and a 6' or 8' garage door but also thought about putting in two double 4' doors that we would only open one for daily use and open both when moving in equipment.

Anything I'm not considering?
George08
AG
Insulate the 18' garage door or replace with an insulated one.

Never heard of anyone complaining their shop door is too big
BCOBQ98
AG
One 2 door garage will have a/c and one will not. We will be going from one garage to the other probably 5x a day so opening the 18' door will let all the a/c out. Need a man door so as to limit this issue.
jaggiemaggie
AG
I think the man door and a single car garage door is a good idea. The large opening could come in handy one day for large items.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.