Rail Road Ties

2,162 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Fife
rolling_ridgeag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a spot to get a few around BCS. Any recommendations?
DeckMe80
I bought some at McCoys and most were good quality.
UmustBKidding
With or without Formosan termites.
DeBoss
AG
Don't go anywhere near real railroad ties. Those things are treated with nasty stuff that even railroad people won't touch. No way I would put that anywhere near my house. Spend a bit more and do bags of concrete or bricks.
ftworthag02
AG
whatever floats your boat but as a landscaper whenever I pull up to a property that has them it screams 1970-80's. You might as well install some red tip photinias and lava rock w/ them.
zaab
AG
quote:
whatever floats your boat but as a landscaper whenever I pull up to a property that has them it screams 1970-80's. You might as well install some red tip photinias and lava rock w/ them.
You must have pulled up to my fathers house!
AggieLaw2010
AG
skdeford said:

Don't go anywhere near real railroad ties. Those things are treated with nasty stuff that even railroad people won't touch. No way I would put that anywhere near my house. Spend a bit more and do bags of concrete or bricks.

This. PCBs ain't something to mess with.
The Fife
ftworthag02 said:

Absolute truth. My parents and their friends each had at least one of those things put in around 1980.

The railroad ties rotted out years ago. Can't say I really recommend them if your want something that will last
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.