Foundation Repair N Dallas

3,096 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by big ben
chanceg2784
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any recommendations for a foundation company in N Dallas? I seem to recall an aggie owned company on the radio, but can't remember the name.
Gary79Ag
AG
Structured Foundation Repairs Inc
Address: 13301 Trinity Blvd, Euless, TX 76040

Phone: (972) 484-1200

They're also recommended by Absolute and I believe they are Aggie owned and operated.
My sn used them when they were in the process of buying a home in N Dallas around the Hillcrest area.
Texas Ag Mom
We had structured come out to inspect our foundation. Then we had a structural engineer come out to inspect. He is the one that said our large oak trees were causing our foundation problems. Currently getting quotes to install a root barrier. Be very careful when dealing with ANY foundation company. Aggie or not.
Gary79Ag
AG
quote:
We had structured come out to inspect our foundation. Then we had a structural engineer come out to inspect. He is the one that said our large oak trees were causing our foundation problems. Currently getting quotes to install a root barrier. Be very careful when dealing with ANY foundation company. Aggie or not.
Very true Texas Ag Mom!

I had 2 foundation companies check my place and got bids. One for 11 piers and the other for 22 piers to fix my issue. I then got a structural engineer to check it out and he discovered I actually had a slab leak and told me of several various things to do to mitigate potential foundation issues in the future based on my situation...i.e...remove Red Tip Photinias along side of house, install gutter system to move water away from foundation, install serface drain by patio area to drain standing water after rains, maintain moisture content around slab as best possible with soaker hoses, etc.

His $250 bill was significantly cheaper that the foundation repair bids which still would not have resolved my actual issue! Foundation companies are there to bid and install piers or whatever, not to determine root cause of your issue which is the most important step in the first place!

Therefore, get a structural engineer's opinion first before doing any pier work!
Long Live Sully
AG
quote:
How would a root barrier fix your current foundation damage? Sounds like you need both.

I know the owner of Foundation and he is as honest as any man I have ever known. I would hate for your post to be taken otherwise.
Texas Ag Mom
I don't know the owner of Foundation & I am not insinuating anything about him or his company. I can tell you that obviously he is not the person that came to my house & I am not insinuating anything about that man either. A lot of people in my neighborhood have used Structured & were very pleased w/their service & that is why I had them out. The guy that came out (he was not an engineer) made a couple of suggestions but he never mentioned that the trees were a problem. Having foundation work done is a big project w/a big price tag. Before we went down that road we decided to have a SE do an inspection. The SE report tells you exactly what types of repairs need to be made, if you choose that route, without any financial gain to the SE. The report is really helpful to get bids on foundation repairs so that you know exactly what you need & you can compare apples to apples. The following might help to understand how large trees can effect foundation:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/newsletters/hortupdate/hortupdate_archives/2002/mar02/art3mar.html
FTAG 2000
AG
Texas Ag Mom, what structural engineer did you have come out?
dmweaver-realtor
AG
Thomas Engineering Consultants 817-576-1973

They do independent engineering reports and no repairs. That way you get the real story on what you need and don't need and can then find a foundation company to make the repairs.
Texas Ag Mom
His name is David Isbon. He is completely independent & does not work w/any foundation companies. He can refer you to one if that is what you ultimately need. He knows which ones are honest & do a good job. He is very thorough & has been doing this a long time. He came very highly recommended by a lot of people in my neighborhood. His report tells you exactly what you may or may not need to have done. That can save you a lot of money because you won't be oversold when dealing with the foundation company. At his suggestion we did have the root barrier installed about 8 months ago. Our house has already settled back down to almost exactly where it should be! Good luck!

http://www.isbon.com
big ben
AG
S&W Foundation out of Richardson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.