Help with ADT contract

2,371 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cz308
SATX_BQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last year we moved into a rental house and I took the last year of my ADT service with me. Friday we closed on a new home and I called today to cancel my service because it should be the end of the contact, only to find out that the service has another year left. Evidently, when we moved they put me on a new contract. Now they want $925.00 to cancel. That is crazy, i can move them to my new property and pay out the "new" remaining year. In order to do that, they are trying to make me sign another 2 year agreement. WTF?!?!?

HELP!!!!!
Olag00
AG
They actually did the same thing to me a while back. If they send a tech to "move" you or set-up service at new house, they re-up the contract...luckily I sold that house and the buyer took over my service so I didn't have to "move" and re-up contract again.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Yup, same exact thing happened to me earlier this year. $700 and something to cancel or I could keep paying the ~$50 a month until my new house was done and get them to set up a new system there (was planning on that anyway). I've been paying the last 5 months and have them coming out next week to set up a system in my new house. It'll cost me right at $150 for the install. Overall I'm "saving money", but the fact that they told me $700 to cancel is a joke. If you're under contract, you might be SOL
TheAlarmGuy
adt does this to everyone who moves, and people fall to this every time.
you can send a complaint to http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/consumer/info_complaints.htm

it may help you .
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
SATX_BQ98
AG
Update...

I was able to get out of the deal because i was careful when i signed up and kept my paperwork. I knew that I did not extend my contract but the ADT "customer service people" kept arguing with me that I did. I was able to find the contract that I signed. It did show that the the contract was a new 36mo deal but the installer wrote the total cost as the amount that 1 year of payments should be. He then wrote a rider that changed the terms to 1 year.

When I called ADT back with this new info, they told me that I was wrong. When I sent them the contract with the total amount paid, I said "just keep the alarm active and quit charging me, I paid you the terms agreed to and your contract has no penalty for pre-payment". They then told me that as long as the alarm was active, they would charge me.

Finally took talking to a VP, who saw the paperwork, apologized profusely, and got it all worked out. He then said he had to go ruin the day of some people that used to work in customer service. I dont know what happened, and i dont care. Just glad to be done with them.
cz308
Y'all should have just went with ASC in the first place, and you probably wouldn't be having issues. Especially if you are local to the BCS area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.