Smith Thompson security question

3,494 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Gary79Ag
chap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone with ST use the iPhone app? I'm thinking about adding it but I remember seeing some feedback awhile back that the app didn't work very well. Curious if it's improved.
Jdrexgman
AG
I use it and haven't had any issues with it.

It's straightforward with no bells and whistles (turn on and turn off). Also will recieve text messages for the same on/off function if you want.

RockofAges
How much is their service with the app?
AlaskanAg08
AG
I use it too and have never had an issue. It is a basic app, but I would recommend it.
bco2003
AG
quote:
How much is their service with the app?

Their website shows $7 extra per month.

http://m.smiththompson.com/wireless-monitoring/
ChoppinDs40
AG
my installer suggested against it for the price. Nearly 50% increase over the monitoring cost per month.
GCRanger
AG
we got ST and the app about 3 months ago. We've never used the app and will likely cancel that service.
RockofAges
We only pay 21.99. With app.
IFeelLikeLarryDavid
The app only allows arming and disarming in away mode. I travel frequently so find it useful but if I was in town all of the time it probably wouldn't be worth the extra cash.
06thMan
AG
Has anyone else received the letter from ST about needing a new uplink transmitter?

Looks like they are giving away the equipment "free" and charging a $59 service call to have them come out to install...
agchino
AG
Yes, they came out and changed ours. The wireless equipment they were using is going obsolete, the cell phone companies are going to shut off that technology soon. I think they actually did the opposite, the service call was free, and you are paying for the equipment, which if you are with ST, you own all your own equipment anyway.
Gary79Ag
AG
agchino said:

Yes, they came out and changed ours. The wireless equipment they were using is going obsolete, the cell phone companies are going to shut off that technology soon. I think they actually did the opposite, the service call was free, and you are paying for the equipment, which if you are with ST, you own all your own equipment anyway.
Planned obsolescence at its finest!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.