Recommendation for Patio Cover

34,025 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by speck3
Tree Hugger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, so much for that idea.

After my last post I haven't heard so much as a peep from the guy from Cowtown Covers. I guess if he can't return a phone call he isn't worth my time and money.

I resumed the search and met with Phoenix Custom Builders out of Mansfield and ended up with a price ~$8K for the structure I want, including the electrical and all permits. Haven't signed anything or given any money yet, but I think we are going to go this route. Gary has been very easy to communicate with, responds quickly to messages and instills me with a lot more confidence than the last guy who went AWOL.

Hopefully I'll have pictures of construction posted soon.
Aggietaco
AG
Good luck on the project!

Dealing with construction at your home can be aggrivating. What was their schedule from mobilization to clean-up?
Tree Hugger
AG
He said 7-10 business days.

I need to hurry up and do my taxes so I can make a decision. I'm not counting on any kind of return or anything, I just don't want to drain the fun money account paying for this and then find out that need to send some $$ to Washington.
OldArmy07
AG
Can you post a picture of the sketch that shows what you're wanting to do? I've wanted to do this to our patio for a while and I'm curious what 8k gets you.
Tree Hugger
AG
Haven't gotten the sketch yet since we haven't signed anything, but the end product will look something like this, but with beefier columns that are painted to match the rest of the trim:

Tree Hugger
AG
Finally gave Gary the go ahead today.

Right after my last post one of the other contractors I had contacted finally got back with me, but after he was 45 minutes late to the appointment to come out and look at the patio, promised an estimate by a certain date, but didn't deliver, just said he was busy and didn't offer an apology, I decided he wasn't worth our business. Aside from that, even though I STILL haven't received a written estimate from him, he said over the phone that it would be around $8,600, so I figured that since his estimate was higher than that of the guy I liked better anyway he could hit the road.

I'll start a build thread when the time comes, but will insert a link to this one to keep a record of the saga.

Wish me luck on HOA approval, I don't see them denying the application, but I can see them draggin it out as long as possible, at least if they don't respond within 30 days of application I have the right to build whatever I want, provided it stays within the architectual part of the neighborhood covenants.
Boat Shoes
AG
I know this is an old thread, but any pics of the final product? Im considering doing something similar at my place in Dallas. Thanks!
Canyon99
Bumping an old thread for pictures of the final product.
aggiebrother33
We did alumawood patio cover and cannot be more pleased, looks just like wood with no maintenance and added the Santa Fe package which adds ends to look like a pergola. Look it up, highly recommend
speck3
Check out Lawn Master Outdoor Living. Company is Aggie owned and they are a certified Home Depot vendor. They use Western Red Cedar which does not rot and will last 25+ years. They are all throughout the southeast.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.