WTB Golf balls

2,050 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by C ROC N
CTGilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am getting low on the Pro V1s I bought a couple years back. I need the 1xs but I also really like the Callaway's and sometimes 330s.

What is currently the best deal on balls?
DallasAggie89
AG
Just picked some 330s. They are buy 2, get 1 free currently at all golf retailers.
jja79
AG
Dean Snell was a developer for many years at Titleist when the Pro V' s were developed and then at Taylor Made when their tour balls were developed. He now has his own company and sells direct. His tour ball is under $160 for 6 dozen and his lower spin ball is $85 for 6 dozen. They ship free in the US.
Mr.Bond
AG
Golfballs. Com is selling the B330 buy 2 get 1 free. Great ball
agsalaska
AG
The Prov1 Practice balls are the best deal but you have to buy them in person so you can mix and match the V1s and V1x to your liking. The last time I bought some they were all the 2015 model. They are $29.99 at *****.

The Practice ball is conforming. The X-outs are not. Sometimes you can find some odd versions of them. I found some Pro v1+ last time and took 3 of them just for fun.
K Bo
AG
This might sound ridiculous but I've been reading some interesting things on Costco "Kirkland Signature" balls.

http://m.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Four-Piece-Urethane-Cover-Golf-Ball%2c-2-dozen.product.100310467.html

Some folks comparing them to the B330. I'll pick up a couple dozen ($30) just to give them a shot.
TX_Aggie37
AG
http://www.lostgolfballs.com/
BTD
What does that mean, "the xouts are not conforming"?
Tursiops93
AG
BTD said:

X-outs have some degree of a defect in them. Could be the printing, could be more substantial than that, so in a sanctioned tournament they would not be legal.

Practice balls have simply been stamped with "practice" and are what the pros use on the driving ranges at tournaments. Other than the stamping, they are the same ball and conform to USGA rules.
aggiefan2002
Should a 100-110 beginner worry at all about what kind of ball he's hitting? Because right now I'm hitting whatever in my bag looks the newest.
agsalaska
AG
Tursiops93 said:

BTD said:

X-outs have some degree of a defect in them. Could be the printing, could be more substantial than that, so in a sanctioned tournament they would not be legal.

Practice balls have simply been stamped with "practice" and are what the pros use on the driving ranges at tournaments. Other than the stamping, they are the same ball and conform to USGA rules.

Yep. That being said, I cannot remember ever noticing an x out playing different than a regular ball. A lot of times you can see cosmetically why it ended up as an x out. It's usually in the printing somewhere. Titleist would not put a ball on the market that would not perform. Rarely would you have an x out that doesn't go as straight, far, etc.
Tursiops93
AG
agsalaska said:

Tursiops93 said:

BTD said:

Yep. That being said, I cannot remember ever noticing an x out playing different than a regular ball. A lot of times you can see cosmetically why it ended up as an x out. It's usually in the printing somewhere. Titleist would not put a ball on the market that would not perform. Rarely would you have an x out that doesn't go as straight, far, etc.
True statement. I think it is considered non-conforming simply because it is defective.
CTGilley
AG
aggiefan2002 said:

Should a 100-110 beginner worry at all about what kind of ball he's hitting? Because right now I'm hitting whatever in my bag looks the newest.
Short answer: No

Once you are a little more comfortable try to pick a ball and stick with it. (Cheap is fine. I prefer to spend the same money and by used.) It will help your scoring because it will behave consistently around the green and with approach shots. At least try to stay with similar type balls. The more you play you will discover your preference.
BTD
Cool makes sense.
C ROC N
I second the Kirklands from Costco, Played so close to a ProV1X that if they where both completely white, I probably couldn't tell the difference.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.