Austin & San Antonio Golfers: Rudy's I-35 Cup - Nov. 4th-6th

1,655 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CapCity12thMan
CapCity12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a member of the team representing Austin this year, I thought I would promote this event and see if we could get a TexAgs Austin team vs. a TexAgs San Antonio team to join in the Rivalry Before the Match - November 4th at Onion Creek CC in Austin.

What is the Rudy's I-35 Cup?

Quote:

The Rudy's I-35 Cup is a Ryder Cup format competition between the top amateur golfers from Austin and San Antonio. In seven years the Rudy's I-35 Cup has generated over $365,000 for charities in San Antonio and Austin. Each year we strive to substantially increase this contribution.

Teams will consist of 14 players (Team Captain has the option of Captain's Picks). Players must be at least 25 years of age and live in Bexar or adjacent counties, plus Kerr County (for San Antonio) and Travis or adjacent counties (for Austin). Each team must have a minimum of three players of at least 50 years of age. To qualify for the San Antonio team you must play in at least two Greater San Antonio Amateur Championship.

The 2016 matches between Austin and San Antonio will take place November 5th-6th at Wolfdancer Golf Club in Bastrop, TX.

What is the "Rivalry Before the Match"

Quote:

The "Rivalry Before the Match" kicks off the Rudy's I-35 Cup with a friendly competition open to corporate teams and individuals. You can challenge your counterpart or any business in Austin/San Antonio and play as a sixsome. The "Rivalry Before the Match" benefits The First Tee of Greater San Antonio and Africa New Life and The First Tee of Greater Austin.

The "Rivalry Before the Match" will be played Friday, November 4th in Austin, TX at Onion Creek Club.

Tournament Information

Rivalry Before the Match Entry Form

Facebook page

I'll let the power of TexAgs take it from here - hope to see TexAgs represented!
95BoerneAg
CapCity12thMan
AG
Bump...2 weeks away
Tursiops93
AG
I am already playing in this tomorrow. Good Luck CapCity12thMan (even though I live in SA)!
CapCity12thMan
AG
Cool. I'll be there after the round. Enjoy the round!
CapCity12thMan
AG
Austin takes a nice led into final round/singles
matches:

https://sanantonio.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/sanantonio16/event/sanantonio1613/contest/1/leaderboard.htm
Tursiops93
AG
Ben Carter played in the group against us on Friday and man is he good! Didn't miss a shot and hardly missed a putt. Great guy and we had a lot of fun! I wish I had brought a bit more of my game with me to make it more interesting, but it wouldn't have mattered much! LOL
CapCity12thMan
AG
I play with Ben frequently...he played well all weekend, as did everyone.

Austin ended up defeating San Antonio 17-11.

https://sanantonio.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/sanantonio16/event/sanantonio1613/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

There was some good action in the singles matches on Sunday. Jay Reynolds (Austin) and his opponent shot 66 and 65 respectively to each earn a half point. Some really good golf there.

The event eclipsed the $400K mark in charity donations as of this year (the event's 8th year). Next year's event is hosted by San Antonio and I heard it will be at Comanche Trace in Kerrville.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.