Canongate The Woodlands

2,182 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by UTex09
tommyjohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it now private? I know it was bought by Clubcorp. I am talking about Panther Trail, Oaks and Lake Windcrest. The website leads me to beleive it is.
Mr.Bond
AG
It's Club Corp aka fully private
Poot
Panther Trail is public. The rest of the courses are private.
tommyjohn
Doesn't that just cannibalize potential members from the Woodlands CC? Or are the price points a big difference?
UTex09
tommyjohn said:

Doesn't that just cannibalize potential members from the Woodlands CC? Or are the price points a big difference?

Huge diff in price point. Both monthly and down payment. Last I checked Woodlands CC was $35k up front and ~$500/mo. Canongate is closer to 3k upfront and $250/mo. I do think it does cannibalize somewhat. I know several people who are definitely within the CC's target demographic, but would rather pay less for courses that are pretty much just as nice. I belong to Canongate, but play the CC often and I often find the CC (on any of the 18s) just as crowded if not more so, and while they are "nicer" courses, Canongate has really done a nice job imo of keeping the course in good shape, redoing bunkers, etc to make me not want to pay double each month to play the CC
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
i always really liked the oaks.

but would love to play the player course everyday
UTex09
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

i always really liked the oaks.

but would love to play the player course everyday
Player is the best of the CC courses, in my opinion. It's more difficult than the other CC courses, as well as oaks/panther. I would like to play it everyday too, but I still can't convince myself that one course is worth twice per month of the oaks/panther, not counting the down payment. Both places (Canongate and the CC) are equally as crowded as far as I've noticed as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.