Club Corp austin

5,085 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr.Bond
BTD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are people's thoughts on club corp courses in Austin.Playing a round this Sunday and trying to figure out whether to play one of the club corp courses or maybe lost pines, which I've played before. Thanks
CapCity12thMan
AG
what are your club corp options?
jackie childs
CapCity12thMan said:

what are your club corp options?
i looked online and it appears the two options would be:

Hills of Lakeway, and
Lost Creek Country Club

edit: i've never played either of those courses
TMfrisco
AG
If you can play the Hills or Flint Rock Falls, play there.
Don't waste your time on Live Oak or Yaupon.

I haven't played Lost Creek in 20+ years so I can't give you an opinion there.
CapCity12thMan
AG
one thing I do know about Lost Creek is that they are in sort of a management/member turmoil there. I don't know how this reflects on the course itself. My son was in the PGA Junior League and we played a match there - course was in fine shape. Then a few weeks later we tried to plan a match at our course and they told us that the head pro and lots of the staff got fired...bunch of people got ticked off and "moved over" to Barton Creek. As I said - I got all this second hand and not sure how this affects the course right now. I really didn't pay attention to the course too much since I was focused on my kid, so I don't have an opinion there - and we only did 9 holes.

You will be happy with the Hills but yeah - DO NOT waste your time on Yaupon or Live Oak. If you can convince someone to get you on FlintRock Falls - do that before HIlls.
BTD
Thanks
Yesterday
AG
Dad was a member at lost creek. The course was always in good shape but the club nickel and dime everything. There's range fees, random fees for Christmas bonuses etc. I would play the Hills. The course is pretty nice with good changes in elevation.
Mr.Bond
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Dad was a member at lost creek. The course was always in good shape but the club nickel and dime everything. There's range fees, random fees for Christmas bonuses etc. I would play the Hills. The course is pretty nice with good changes in elevation.

My local club Corp tried to charge me a holiday bonus for their employees. Considering I tip them on top of the mandated 20 percent gratuity already included in any food or drink i told them I'm not paying for the holiday bonus. They removed it from my account
Yesterday
AG
Mr.Bond said:

03ki11erAG said:

My local club Corp tried to charge me a holiday bonus for their employees. Considering I tip them on top of the mandated 20 percent gratuity already included in any food or drink i told them I'm not paying for the holiday bonus. They removed it from my account

Good to know. I haven't been charged one at a hackberry but I'll keep this in mind when they do.
07fta07
AG
I think that's a standard ClubCorp thing. They do that at Kingwood.
billionaire
Contributing to an Employee Holiday fund is a standard at most all private Clubs whether Club Corp or Member owned. It is very rarely mandatory, you can opt out. Paying a service charge on meals etc never touches the folks behind the scenes like folks cutting grass or washing dishes. These funds are generally distributed equally amongst all staff.
Mr.Bond
AG
And that's fair, but considering the amount of money I pay every month and all the Bull**** nickel and diming that club Corp does to me I have no desire to give them MORE funds. I'm with club Corp because when I moved to league city I had no other options. Club Corp makes a **** pile of money and should honestly take care of the Christmas bonus themselves. To each his own
billionaire
Therefore your best option is to just opt out. My guess is that if they took this on they would raise your dues to cover this cost.
Squatch
AG
I'm a member at lost creek. They really don't nickel and dime you any more than most country clubs. It's one of the most affordable clubs in the area. Course is in really good shape and according to long time members, is even better now that a new superintendent was hired. It is true that a group of members left to go to barton creek but hasn't had any affect on current membership.
Yesterday
AG
Squatch said:

I'm a member at lost creek. They really don't nickel and dime you any more than most country clubs. It's one of the most affordable clubs in the area. Course is in really good shape and according to long time members, is even better now that a new superintendent was hired. It is true that a group of members left to go to barton creek but hasn't had any affect on current membership.
I never complained when I got to play. Like I said, the course was always in good shape. I know nothing other than what the old man told me. Thankfully my clubcorp course doesn't charge for range fees.
Hanrahan
AG
I remember being charged like $35 for the holiday fund when at the hills. Is that a big deal in the overall cost? Means a lot to an hourly worker to get a couple hundo at Christmas.

At my club now there is no tipping outside service, but there is a 18% food/bev charge, and they ask for a voluntary amount at the end of the year. Think I gave them $700 last year. Our guys do a lot (vehicle valet, bag storage, moving clubs around from range to carts, club cleaning, running random errands, etc) and I appreciate not having to have ones and fives on me at all times, and i would likely have given at least that of not more had I tipped out $2-3 here there and everywhere during the year. I hated that at the hills that I had to feel crappy if I went to the club I pay for and didn't have $2 on me for the kid grabbing my clubs
Mr.Bond
AG
Hanrahan said:

I remember being charged like $35 for the holiday fund when at the hills. Is that a big deal in the overall cost? Means a lot to an hourly worker to get a couple hundo at Christmas.

At my club now there is no tipping outside service, but there is a 18% food/bev charge, and they ask for a voluntary amount at the end of the year. Think I gave them $700 last year. Our guys do a lot (vehicle valet, bag storage, moving clubs around from range to carts, club cleaning, running random errands, etc) and I appreciate not having to have ones and fives on me at all times, and i would likely have given at least that of not more had I tipped out $2-3 here there and everywhere during the year. I hated that at the hills that I had to feel crappy if I went to the club I pay for and didn't have $2 on me for the kid grabbing my clubs
Considering we get NONE of that type of special treatment at my local Club Corp course I dont feel bad at all. I pay (in my opinion) a really large amount of money and outside of the course conditions (at one course not the other) I dont get anything special or significant. So sorry, I guess
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.