Web.Com Tour Championship

1,375 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by diehard03
EKUAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was just cancelled due to Hurricane Matthew.

Any Aggies losing their card due to this? Using the money list from the other 3 playoff tournaments.
Pignorant
AG
Martin Piller did not retain his card.
jonj101
That sucks, but on the flip side his wife had a great year.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Piller was on the pga tour, not web.com. So will he be on web.com next year?
proudaggie02
AG
^
I think it depends on his finish in the web.com tour championship.
mavsfan4ever
AG
The PGA tour members who don't keep their card, play in the web.com tour championship? And the top so many get a web.com tour championship card for next year? That seems a little strange because the web.com stuff is usually based on money list finish for the web.com tour. But I don't know how it works, so you could be right.

I thought the top 125-175 or so on the PGA tour got conditional status on the PGA tour and a full membership on the web.com tour. But I haven't been keeping up with how they do it.
Matsui
AG
That has changed. Here are the 50 that earned their tour cards for 2016-2017

http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/news/2016/10/05/meet-the-50-newest-members-of-pga-tour.html
agsalaska
AG
The web.Com tour finals invites the guys finishing 26-75 (or maybe 100) on the web.Com and 126-200 on the PGA. The tops 25 money earners in those 4 tournaments get there cards.

Actualky, the guys who finish 1-25 on the Web also play but there status in the finals rankings don't count. So it's really the top 25 earners in the finals that do not already have their cards.

It's really a great way to do it and the golf has been really good. They also play 2 of the 4 events at Canturbery and Ohio State, 2 very good championship courses.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Got it. That is a cool way to do it. It'll be interesting to see how they determine the last 25 after the event got canceled.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Oh, just read the article posted above. Looks like all 50 spots are going to web.com guys? And the guys from the pga tour are just out of luck?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Or did the pga guys play in all the finals events, so they had a chance to keep their card if they finished in top 25 of finals events? I'm guessing that's what happened and the finals events just got cut short by one event. So it was unfortunate but fair.

Sorry for so many posts. On phone and can't edit.
agsalaska
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Or did the pga guys play in all the finals events, so they had a chance to keep their card if they finished in top 25 of finals events? I'm guessing that's what happened and the finals events just got cut short by one event. So it was unfortunate but fair.

This.
t - cam
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Just fyi you can edit on your phone.
diehard03
Quote:

Or did the pga guys play in all the finals events, so they had a chance to keep their card if they finished in top 25 of finals events?

Looks like some did. Check out DA Points, who played in the PGA this year, and then 3 tournaments on the web.com.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.25240.d-a--points.html/season
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.