Played the new trinity forest course on saturday

2,377 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Pignorant
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will change the Nelson for better or worse. Links style with very little space for gallery or sky boxes.

Hardest course I've ever played - single cut on the greens and they were rolling 13 on the meter. 7400 from the tips we played the men's at 6900 (still too hard)

Beautiful course.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The fact they named a links style course Trinity Forest already drives me nuts
ChoppinDs40
AG
Across the street from section 8 apartments and on top of a landfill. What's not to like?!
grego
AG
Didn't know it was Links. Figured it would be Colonial/Royal Oaks - ish built in a river bottom. Interested to know more about it.

It is Zoysia/Bentgrass? Are the officially open for play or was this some type of preview event?

ChoppinDs40
AG
let's just say I know a guy.

Some members have been out there and the SMU team is playing. There's currently no clubhouse or range. So you just show up and tee-off. This will be the "First Tee's" training facility as well as Spieth's home course. Partner in my group sits on the board of the First Tee and was bragging how he gets to play it in a few weeks. I kept my bragging montage to myself.

Fairways are the hybrid zoysia and greens are bermuda. It's a Crenshaw course so even though it's links style, you can really only see 1-2 holes at a time. Great elevation changes out on the dump (literally).

Funny story - they kept having one area that was holding water and wouldn't drain. Eventually they said, eff it, and dug it up.... there was an 18-wheeler engine block buried there. They covered it back up, put more dirt and made it a hill in the fairway.
TSUAggie
I feel sorry for that superintendent. No telling what got covered up at that dump that will create problems in the future.
AgDotCom
Yeah, imagine Phil Mickelson during tournament play leaving himself 100 yards out over some kid's old bicycle lurking just under the surface.....and he goes after it with a steep wedge.
grego
AG
FIGJAM probably thinks he is above playing in the Nelson this days.
TheGreatScott12
AG
AggieFanatic09 please post pics if you took any. Very interested in this course design.
ChoppinDs40
AG
they're on my cell phone, how do I got about doing that?
bagger05
AG
Best way I've found is to download Pocketgur, use that to upload to Imgur.
grego
AG
Would love to see them too, if easy to do.
ChoppinDs40
AG

Test
bagger05
AG
Working
ChoppinDs40
AG

TheGreatScott12
AG
Thanks for sharing!
turfaggie24
AG
Lots of hard work has gone into making those pictures look as pretty as they are. Thanks for posting those.
grego
AG
Thanks a bunch for posting. Looks completely different than expected. You could have told me that was Prairie Dunes or Old McDonald and I would have believed it.
Pignorant
AG
Byron Nelson tournament is moving to Trinity Forest in 2018. One year ahead of the original schedule.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/golf/2016/10/25/jordan-spieth-help-unveil-new-home-att-byron-nelson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.