Tiger's sticks

3,469 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BigHitterDaLama
boinger89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Per NoLayingup: TaylorMade driver, Mizuno irons and Bridgestone ball.
agsalaska
AG
Didn't Bridgestone make his ball for a long time?
powerbelly
AG
agsalaska said:

They manufacture all nike balls
Icecream_Ag
S
powerbelly51 said:

agsalaska said:

They manufacture all nike balls

so short answer would be yes.
AggieC07
AG
Can't tell if this is a troll attempt
98Ag99Grad
AG
Mizuno irons. He played their blades as an amateur correct?
Matsui
AG
Mp14 yes
BigHitterDaLama
AggieC07 said:

Can't tell if this is a troll attempt
Not trolling......multiple sources as well via instagram as OP stated.

Scotty Cameron putter as well.

Same ole Waffle House Ho's tho..........
diehard03
Quote:

Just what he needs...
Swollen Thumb
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Just what he needs...
Extra rehab for his back.
Mr.Bond
AG
Not a taylormade guy but they make the best drivers without question
Chipotlemonger
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I beg to differ.
Icecream_Ag
S
Chipotlemonger said:

Mr.Bond said:

I beg to differ.
I'll always be a Callway guy for my woods, but TM does make good ones as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Mr.Bond said:

I beg to differ.

We can agree to disagree. I play titleist, but when taylormade is the most popular driver on tour and the greatest golfer of all time immediately goes to them after his Nike equipment contract goes out..... It's pretty telling to me
Icecream_Ag
S
Mr.Bond said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Mr.Bond said:

I beg to differ.

We can agree to disagree. I play titleist, but when taylormade is the most popular driver on tour and the greatest golfer of all time immediately goes to them after his Nike equipment contract goes out..... It's pretty telling to me
yeah they pay a crap load of money
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mr.Bond said:
Chipotlemonger said:

I beg to differ.

Not at all. Tiger went to Nike for one reason, and it had nothing to do with having the best clubs. In fact, it was likely they were far from the best when he first changed. It's fairly clear what motivated Tiger. Golf Club sales have always been driven by marketing, marketing, marketing; including athlete endorsements.

I have never been faithful to any brand. Almost everything I buy is based on my personal club test when I buy. I usually hit every club I can get my hands on and slowly narrow it down to the winning driver, iron set, etc. I've owned Ping, Cleveland, Callaway, TaylorMade, Lynx, Wilson Staff, and others.

I don't like TM drivers. I currently think the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha is the best driver on the market. So it is. My buddy just hit a bunch of drivers after taking some extensive lessons and he thinks the latest Ping is the best. So it is.

The best driver in golf is not what Tiger hits, or the most pros hit, it's what YOU hit best.
agsalaska
AG
If best is being graded on best performing, I agree with you. If it is best in sales, performance, marketing, resell, etc. TM is the best.

That being said you will have a hard time finding a driver better for more people than TM drivers. I think their performance away from all of the distractions of marketing and sales still speaks for itself. They are badass drivers and always have been.

Its kind of like the Prov1. It is hard to argue it is not the best ball, even if it may not fit everyone. But it has a lot of skins on the wall.

That ALL being said, the margins nowadays are razor thin. I can hit really good drives with a driver from every maker, and put up really good scores(for me) with just about any premium ball, or irons, or putter, etc. as long as I practice a couple of rounds with them.

Whats most important is fit
bagger05
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Mr.Bond said:

I beg to differ.

Jack Nicklaus also had a Nike contract and got a TaylorMade driver??????????
Mr.Bond
AG
Jack in his prime couldn't hold tigers jock. Let's not open this can of worms
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Says the man holding a can opener with worms spilling on the floor. Texags at it's best: you get to speak your piece but then don't want anyone to respond to the contrary.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I don't care who make it, it is how it performs and feels. Naturally when I got my new clubs a couple of years ago - I started with TaylorMade, Titleist, PING for the driver. PING just never suits my eye and it didn't feel right. The Titleist felt good but I couldn't seem to work the ball as much. The Taylor Made just never felt right to me. I eventually found a Callaway that when I hit it it felt awesome and the numbers involved were too good to pass up, so that is what I went with.
REMARCH11
AG
Don't know about his driver, but his irons were forged by Miura. That's what he won his back to back Masters and U.S. Open with. I know he has used the same Newport 2 since college. wedges I believe are Vokeys.
Icecream_Ag
S
REMARCH11 said:

Don't know about his driver, but his irons were forged by Miura. That's what he won his back to back Masters and U.S. Open with. I know he has used the same Newport 2 since college. wedges I believe are Vokeys.
he played Mizuno's in college
BigHitterDaLama
REMARCH11 said:

Switched to Nike Method Milled 001 putter when he went all in with Nike gear.

And yes, he was using Mizunos when he left Stanford and joined the tour. Believe driver was a King Cobra and fairway metals were Titleist.
oldschool87
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Why? Afraid it's just an opinion?
AggieC07
AG
Saw this on golfwrx, apparently taken at spyglass

Pic not showing up, link: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1395068-tigers-clubs-for-safeway-photo-added-page-19/page__st__540
REMARCH11
AG
That is true, he was playing Mizuno's in college. When he signed with Nike, he told them they that Katsushiro Miura was the only one he would allow to forge his clubs. This is after he left Titleist for Nike.
BigHitterDaLama
REMARCH11 said:

That is true, he was playing Mizuno's in college. When he signed with Nike, he told them they that Katsushiro Miura was the only one he would allow to forge his clubs. This is after he left Titleist for Nike.
Correct.

No doubt that his Nike Blades are forged Miuras with nike stampings.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.