15 handicap and I am playing with scratch clients

5,270 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DOCAG79
bassethoundag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'll also throw in to not get mad and throw fits.

I hate playing with guys who are 12 over through 6 and get furious when they miss their bogey putt on 7. They throw their putter, gripe and complain, and analyze their stroke like their some tour pro.

Know what kind of golfer your are (sounds like OP does already) and play and act within your means and you're golden.
+1. And like others said, keep up with the pace. Hate it when people play slow.
Yesterday
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm a 2
sure you are. No you aren't.

Look it up chump! No more white tees for you old timer!
mongey donk
AG
We playing from the tips?
REMARCH11
AG
Look, don't sweet it at all. If they are playing for money don't get in the way. Keep up and KNOW the rules! Use this as an opportunity to get better.
Most low handicappers don't mind playing with high handicappers, just keep pace and have fun, you'll bee fine, but be competitive. Just because they are better than you, don't let it show. LH's are like sharks, as soon they smell blood, game over!
REMARCH11
AG
quote:
We playing from the tips?
you mean there's other tee boxes?
TennAg
Don't talk to their ball unless you're damn sure about it. Better yet, just don't.

Other than that, just be fun to be around.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Somewhat related to "talking to their ball", be leery about over-complimenting when playing with better players. Some high handicappers are just impressed to see someone not duff a drive and will compliment it ... which means sometimes they are complimenting a drive as soon as it's airborne and just before it starts to fade and ends up deep in the trees.

Try to use a little bit of a filter and compliment shots that they'd consider good.

Now the OP sounds like he's aware enough to have this figured out, but it never hurts to keep in mind when playing with a better player.
ColoradoMooseHerd
My opinion is that everyone should play from same tees unless child or female is in group.
agsalaska
AG
Why?
Bobby O`Shea
AG
Play fast and don't take things too seriously... If you don't find your ball within a minute of looking, drop and move on...
79TAMU79
AG
If they are clients, make sure they have a good time - this is the main purpose of being out there. Buy the drinks, pay for the green fees and dinner afterwards and then sign the deal.
STL_aTm
AG
STL_aTm
AG
DOCAG79
AG
My philosophy is this.....I may not be good, but I'm fast! As long as you keep up with play, you will be fine.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.