Putter Regripping

1,061 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by feedthemlead
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting a super stroke put on my flat stick this afternoon. Torn between the flatso 1.0 and slim 1.0. Thoughts on advantages of each? Also, what are your recs on where to get it installed? Im in the galleria area in houston and have a golf galaxy as well as a golfsmith minutes away. TIA
khaos288
AG
flatso. Do it. You won't be disappointed. It feels like cheating it's so easy to remove any alignment issues.
tandy miller
AG
quote:
flatso. Do it. You won't be disappointed. It feels like cheating it's so easy to remove any alignment issues.
They have a flatso 1.0 on a putter on their rack. 3 putts with it and I was sold. Love the shape, never even looked at the slim
DannyDuberstein
AG
My issue with the SuperStroke was that it hurt my feel for distance control. I used on for 2-3 months to try to give it some settle in time, but what little I gained with alignment for short putts, I more than lost on distance control.

Everyone has different feel and challenges though, so I think this type of grip is always worth trying out.
07fta07
AG
Bingo. I had the 2.0 and went back to a regular grip and my distance control was infinitely better overnight. Now I'm having an issue with getting too handsy, so I just put a 1.0 on this afternoon. Hopefully it's a good compromise.
agsalaska
AG
I bought a new putter with one of the super stroke grips on it and honestly could not tell any difference. I'm putting a lot better with my new putter but pretty sure it's the putter and not the grip.
feedthemlead
I mounted the mid slim 2.0 on my Scotty Newport and I am very pleased with it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.