Stadium Links

4,346 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by belowpar
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So they are setting up a 9 hole golf course in the Ballpark in Arlington (Globe Life) from November 18-20. Here is how they did it at Petco Park in San Diego last offseason. We have a 4some signed up for Nov 18. Anyone else doing this?

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-san-diego-padres-are-setting-up-a-nine-hole-golf-course-in-their-stadium-and-it-looks-awesome

(Petco Park version)

CashinOut
AG
How do you get from the tee to the green back to the tee?
Matsui
AG
That looks awesome! Great idea to raise cash during non baseball days/months.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
How do you get from the tee to the green back to the tee?
You don't. It's more like Top Golf. There are colored circles around the hole, so your score is based on how close you get. Now going from tee to tee will still require some hikes since it will involve moving around the stadium. I think the #1 tee is from home plate to CF. The rest should be from the stands.
CashinOut
AG
That makes sense and makes it a little more interesting
t - cam
AG
I will be doing this. Supposedly they supply balls and clubs.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Just went today and had a blast. 4 tee boxes were in the 3rd deck, 3 in the 2nd deck, and 2 in the first deck.

The strong wind today added another interesting element, but because of how it swirls in the stadium, it almost negated itself. Near the top of the stadium it was blowing from the north due to the cold front, but down lower it was hitting the home run porch and swirling back the opposite direction. So by the time your ball wemt through all that, the net impact wasn't all that significant.

Anyway, a buddy of mone accidentally airmailed a couple of tee shots into the visitor's bullpen (over left field wall) from the 1st base side (3rd deck).
t - cam
AG
We had a really good time. The format was weird though. You hit 9 total shots for the day and the whole thing barely took an hour. Fun tour of the ballpark though and great way to spend the morning.
t - cam
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Just went today and had a blast. 4 tee boxes were in the 3rd deck, 3 in the 2nd deck, and 2 in the first deck.

The strong wind today added another interesting element, but because of how it swirls in the stadium, it almost negated itself. Near the top of the stadium it was blowing from the north due to the cold front, but down lower it was hitting the home run porch and swirling back the opposite direction. So by the time your ball wemt through all that, the net impact wasn't all that significant.

Anyway, a buddy of mone accidentally airmailed a couple of tee shots into the visitor's bullpen (over left field wall) from the 1st base side (3rd deck).

We "accidentally" picked our own aiming points as well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, when we registered, we signed up for the VIP deal that let us take 2 shots at each location. Figured we only get to do this once, may as well spring the extra cash to play 2 balls.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd give him credit for "accidently on purpose", but his were thinned a bit and legitimate airmails. One landed in the first row of seats behind the bullpen and then bounced into it. Afterward, we had beers in the club in left field and someone hit one off the glass there.
Ed Carter
AG
Had a great time as well...

Was about to hit my shot on 9 and somebody on number 2 hooked and airmailed his shot so bad it landed about 2 rows in front of me in the seats. Scared the crap out of me and we all got a good laugh out of it...would have appreciated a fore but figured the guy was too embarrassed.

Either that or it was one of you jack wagons purposefully aiming at me!
DannyDuberstein
AG
For those interested, here was the layout. They mowed down 4 "greens", and in total, there were 9 different pins circled in different colors - one for each hole (a sign on the tee box would identify which one as well as yardage). Land the ball in the circle = birdie. Land it on the green but outside of circle = par. Miss green but land in outfield = bogey. Miss outfield = Double Bogey.

This pic was hole #3 in the upper deck on the 1st base side, and if I recall, the target was the yellow in deep left field in front of the Southwest airline wall sign. In most cases, they had you hitting across the field to the other side.

And yes, those are real sandtraps with actual sand - although obviously above ground vs. dug into the outfield

Mr.Bond
AG
God I wish this would come to Houston. I've always had this golf dream of being at home plate and launching Golfballs into the bleachers..... This would be as close to a reality as I could get
belowpar
AG
Wife and I loved it!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.