Interesting Rumored Buyer for Taylor Made

1,733 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jackie childs
AggieC07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
khaos288
AG
quote:

Rumored to be minor holding face for chinese buyers
AggieC07
AG
Tiger using TM would take me a little getting used too. Although his bag would probably look similar to DJ's

http://www.golfwrx.com/348792/dustin-johnson-witb-2016/
AgDotCom
If he's a part of this at all you can almost bet the farm it's his brand that's involved. I doubt he'll have any personal skin in the game.

It's a branding world these days, with most products actually made by faceless facilities around the world.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Well,

Isn't Nike doing away with Golf Equipment?

What's better.. sell a dozen of golf balls for $40 or a Tiger Woods/Nike/TM/Adidas logo shirt for $40?

I say the money is in apparel and not in equipment.

Heck... what research and development is really needed for apparel?? On the other hand, golf clubs and golf balls require a serious R&D with a limited return on investment compared to other golf items.

Would I buy TW logoed Taylor Made equipment? I doubt it... But I do have tons of Nike, Adidas, Callaway.. golf apparels along with a bunch of Adidas and Footjoy golf shoes.
WestTexAG
AG
Tiger isn't leaving Nike. Adidas is spinning TM off. He'd continue to make money off of selling Nike soft goods, and has been stated likely just be the public face of the ownership group on the hard goods.
jackie childs
seems like a good fit, both have a reputation for moving on to different models at alarming rates
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.