Stamped wedges

5,018 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr.Bond
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure there will be lots of replies about how stamping is dumb and left to the pros, but that's ok.

Anyone here have stamped wedges? If so, what do you have, or what would you put on there?
powerbelly
AG
I have done it for friends. Initials are the most common request.

There is a good guide on golfwrx.
tandy miller
AG
Weird, I was just talking to someone about this. Ordered a set of stamps from harbor freight. Planning on stamping my wedges. Bought 2 different size stamps so I can stamp the A&M logo
khaos288
AG
quote:
Weird, I was just talking to someone about this. Ordered a set of stamps from harbor freight. Planning on stamping my wedges. Bought 2 different size stamps so I can stamp the A&M logo
I may have stamped mine with an old Scottish toast.

Who's like us?

Damned few...And they're all dead.

Came out ok. I practiced on a spare wedge first, but still some didn't come out super deep.
jj9000
AG
92TXAG
AG
my nickname & the block A&M logo; no bevel

had Bo at Golftec in Plano do it
14TheRoad
AG
I'm all about it. It's pretty fun with a six pack plus it makes your wedges easily identifiable from others.

These are some of the first ones I've done. I use a set of cheap harbor freight punches and paint pens from Michaels

These three are RAMINATOR (58), HOT BALLS (54) and FATTITTIES (Wife's 60). I've got a 60 with FLIPPY FLOPPY on it and ive done a few for family and friends that I can't remember.

Edit to add this little guy I stamped for my wife. This was after a good round and some cold refreshments so it's not perfect but the idea (at least mine) is to have fun with it and not sweat it if it doesn't come out as good as you hoped.

Mr.Bond
AG
I tried to do 007 on mine. 2 came out great, 2 not so much. It's definitely more difficult than I originally gave it credit for
booradley
AG
this is interesting... I looked for the WRX instruction article. found a couple. most referenced 1/8 as the size of the stamp for putters.
but is that correct or go larger for wedges?
khaos288
AG
quote:
this is interesting... I looked for the WRX instruction article. found a couple. most referenced 1/8 as the size of the stamp for putters.
but is that correct or go larger for wedges?
Yeah, go with the smaller. You can see mine are the larger ones. You can't squeeze much in with the size I got.
AgsMyDude
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
So tired of that damn monkey
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.