Ideas for games

2,123 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Oknows
Oknows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy. Going on a golfing/fishing/poker weekend in a few weeks and doing basically a tournament where points are assigned to different activities throughout the weekend. We have the fishing and poker games/points figured out, but are still deciding on how to do the golf. We've got 6 guys that have a broad range of ability on the golf course ... anywhere from low 80s to 120s. We need something that doesn't make being the best or worst golfer decide the weekend. We want points that we can keep track of that will be cumulative with the other weekend festivities. Right now we are leaning toward Bingo, Bango, Bongo, but if anyone has other suggestions and an explanation, that would be great. Thanks.
TresPuertas
AG
Mix the teams with some good and some bad players and try to incorporate handicaps. Basically do what you can to make the teams even.

Play a shamble, scramble, etc. and have each team earn points for birdies and have points awarded to the overall winners, runners-up, etc.

proudaggie02
AG
Can't really play this for points, but "5-10" will get things pretty crazy. Tee your ball up, then you drink for 5 seconds, and you then have 10 seconds to hit your shot.
AustinCountyAg
or you could play one-a-hole....one shot, or beer must be consumed on every tee box
Oknows
AG
Not really looking for drinking games. We'll take care of that on our own I'm sure. Looking for ways to make it semi-fair for everyone and give everyone ways to accrue points.
Ag_07
AG
Go buy one of these for each foursome.

At the end of the round however many positive chips you end up with you get a point and however many negative chips you end up with you subtract a point.

Add each players total points to the running total with the poker and fishing and you're good to go.
DannyDuberstein
AG
With that kind of range of handicaps, I think BBB is about the best option there is.

As a side game, you could also play "Rabbit". This one will tend to favor the better player, but as just a side game to keep up with, it's not a bad add-on. Whenever someone eventually wins a hole outright, they "capture the rabbit". They keep it until someone else wins a hole outright, at which point the rabbit is free and available to be captured the next time someone wins a hole outright. Or to keep it simple, instead of being freed, the rabbit could just go directly to the person that won it outright.

Anyway, whoever has the rabbit on 9 and on 18 win. Sort of favors the better player, but on the flipside, all one has to do is win a hole at the right time.
ORAggieFan
Could do a modified stableford quota system. 36 minus course handicap is quota. 1 point bogey, 2 par, 4 birdie. Combined team score to quota. Have a min quota of 5 or 7 for super high.
Sazerac
AG
doesnt sound like you want to do teams, just individual points

with 6 people I'd probably do
a) 3-somes with 3 handicaped match play: A-B, A-C, B-C match; D-E, D-F, E-F; You can play for a point/points for the match, or do a point for every hole won
b) if they let you play a 6-some you could do a scramble where the teams change every hole, winners get a point. If there are two "A" players just make sure they are never on the same team (full time team captains)
c) 3-somes, do a 2-man vs. 1-man rotating match every hole. The 1-man gets to play 2 balls. You could do it as scramble or best ball.
agsalaska
AG
Man that all sounds like a lot of work.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Between 6-somes, scrambles, and people playing 2 balls, they also might need to shut down the course for you.
birdman
Try this game. Count how many shots it takes you to get in the hole. Add them up.
Poot
Don't be silly. This is the golf board.
clintaggie04
AG
Man if it is just 6 guys and there is that much range in golf scores, I would want to play two 3 man scrambles and just award the three winners "x" number of points. Just make golf kind of like bonus points so it's not worth a lot. If not the guys that shoot 120 are going to have a miserable time playing golf. There is nothing worse than playing with guys who are that bad but they need to finish out every hole. Brutal.
CapCity12thMan
AG
The point quota system works well for what you are trying to accomplish. The person who plays the best that day relative to their usual score will come
Out ahead
Coppell97
AG
quote:
Man if it is just 6 guys and there is that much range in golf scores, I would want to play two 3 man scrambles and just award the three winners "x" number of points. Just make golf kind of like bonus points so it's not worth a lot. If not the guys that shoot 120 are going to have a miserable time playing golf. There is nothing worse than playing with guys who are that bad but they need to finish out every hole. Brutal.

I second this one
Ag_07
AG
That's why I think the Vegas Golf game would be fun. It's just not scores.

A good golfer can hit one in the water and get a negative chip. A bad golfer can make a one putt and get a positive chip.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Could do a modified stableford quota system. 36 minus course handicap is quota. 1 point bogey, 2 par, 4 birdie. Combined team score to quota. Have a min quota of 5 or 7 for super high.
This is what I have done in the past.
CapCityAg89
AG
I like points games to level the field but haven't played with the birdie bump (only played it worth 3). It's good because you pick up at double. It fits well with your overall game as you can let people either score only their points above goal regrdless if they win.
FirefightAg
AG
What are the point totals for poker and fishing. Need to know this to know the target total for good not to win/loose the weekend

I'd say make 2 man teams and play best ball. Take your score and subtract it from 100 (or another agreed number ie 110, 115 etc) So if you shoot 75 best ball you would get 25 points each team member would get the same amount of points.

If you want single games that will be hard with the ability discrepancy. Unless you handicap it.
MondayMorningQB
AG
quote:
Try this game. Count how many shots it takes you to get in the hole. Add them up.

Lmao
REMARCH11
AG
Wolf..........best game for all levels. Gives everyone a chance to get some dings!
ORAggieFan
quote:
Wolf..........best game for all levels. Gives everyone a chance to get some dings!

I love wolf, but if playing with no handicaps and large skill differences some will get destroyed.
MAROON
AG
Olympic putting. Its a new bet every hole.

Guy furthest away on the green is the Platinum, next is Gold, next if Silver, then you got it the closest to the hole is the Bronze. Bet whatever you want per hole but it needs to be for the entire 18.

If the Platinum guy sinks his putt he gets four points, three for the gold, two silver and one bronze. This is only for the first putt on the green....you can have the bet roll over if you want.

If someone sinks a chip or iron shot off the green then they win the platinum that hole. At the end of the day you add up points.

Assign your dollar value to the points to make it as interesting as you like.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Have everyone choose one club to play all the par 3's with. Great time for people that are down to up the bet and get even. Throw in a blind draw for what tees you will play on the par 3's and it gets more interesting.
Oknows
AG
quote:
What are the point totals for poker and fishing. Need to know this to know the target total for good not to win/loose the weekend

I'd say make 2 man teams and play best ball. Take your score and subtract it from 100 (or another agreed number ie 110, 115 etc) So if you shoot 75 best ball you would get 25 points each team member would get the same amount of points.

If you want single games that will be hard with the ability discrepancy. Unless you handicap it.
Like this idea. Not sure on the fishing and poker. I was put in charge of the golf.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.