Dominion or Fair Oaks CC in Boerne

1,745 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by inozips
JP_Losman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone played these courses?
Looking to see if we can get on by reciprocity with Comanche in Kerrville.

Want to play the nicer of the two and have no idea on reputation
kid7979
Dominion, no question.
STL_aTm
AG
Fair Oaks. All courses in the area are in great shape right now so i'm sure you'll enjoy either but I could probably count on 1 hand the number of people who I've talked to who weren't disappointed after playing Dominion.
Hanrahan
AG
Absolutely nothing special about dominion. It used to be the Beverly Hills of San Antonio is the early 90s (and still plenty of really nice houses out there) but the course and facilities have withered.
WestTexAG
AG
Dominion is generally in pretty good shape, and I place it above The Quarry, but I definitely wouldn't put it in the have to play territory. I'd think a member at Comanche Trace could potentially get on at Oak Hills or possibly Cordillera considering Comanche Trace has a pretty decent reputation. Either of those higher end clubs may make you pay an assistant pro to play with you, but I'd think a good pro would be able to get you on at 1 of them. I know nothing of Fair Oaks, it may be a fantastic track. In short, Dominion is nice, but nothing super memorable.
jdbq99
AG
I agree with what the others have said about the Dominion. If I had a choice, having played both Dominion and both courses at Fair Oaks, I would play Fair Oaks.
REMARCH11
AG
Dominion, don't waste your time with Fair Oks, Black Jack is decent but it's not Dominion!
inozips
AG
If you are a working stiff Fair Oaks. They have 36, improves your odds of getting out when Men & Ladies golf association has their monthly outings. Both are walkable.

Only knock on the Dominion is listening to cars up & down I-10.

Dominion just sent me a mailing about no iniation, if you like Fair Oaks I'd hit them with that deal. Do know there is a reciprocal with Traditions in B/CS through Fair Oaks The greens fees there are a cart fee. Doubt it would work on a game weekend.

Truth be known you can't go wrong either place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.