***US Amateur***

1,269 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Olympics has overshadowed this event, but there are two close semifinal matches going on down the stretch.

Watching Dalke address the ball is interesting.
malenurse
AG
Dalke's uncle is a good friend. The family is filled with Sooners. His mom played golf at OU and his dad was on the National Champ football team.

The kid received an offer from OU when he was 12.
Sazerac
AG
Wasn't this on delay? I could have sworn I saw the results on golf channel at 1230.

Icecream_Ag
S
Wasn't Dalke the guy that was with the Russian model/golfer on social media????

Or was that a facebook lie?
Thisguy1
Can't stand the Carlson kid. He reminds me of Sergio.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Can't stand the Carlson kid. He reminds me of Sergio.

Yeah, seemed like he had a good attitude, but the cockiness was definitely oozing. Not sure I've seen anyone start cocky-walking after as many of his drives as this dude.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Wasn't this on delay? I could have sworn I saw the results on golf channel at 1230.

I think it was somewhat delayed. Match play with only 2 matches and a 3 hour TV time window is a tricky thing, so I think they delay it a bit to optimize the fit of the coverage.
Sazerac
AG
I was surprised the pseudo pro Aussie was allowed to play in the US am. Can anyone play? You don't need to be American?

He's been touring the world as an Am and won the western Aussie open professional event.

But man, his shot out of the fairway bunker with his opponent tight was one of the most clutch shots I've seen.
ORAggieFan
You don't need to be American, just like the US Open. Non Americans have won.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, over the last 10 years or so, foreigners have won this thing more than we have. Some years are all-foreigner finals.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I get the sense Curtis Luck's dad isn't cut out for this much exercise. Used a pull cart all week, now Luck is having to pull his own cart.

Just kind of a funny scene with the guy about to win the US Am pulling his cart down the fairway
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.