Best cooler for golf cart?

17,280 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tom Hagen
CTGilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any one have recommendations for a good golf cart cooler? I tried the RTIC 30. It was too big and the performance was not worth the price. I would like something that will hold a few aluminum bottles, a Gatorade and some water.
watty
AG
I'd probably go with something like this if you don't want to break the bank

14TheRoad
AG
Any old cheap soft sided cooler that will fit in the basket and carry a 6-pack will do.
Texmid
AG
I have gone through countless soft-sided coolers (excluding Yeti and RTIC) and they all will eventually leak. What I use is a cooler exactly like the ones they give you at the course that will fit in the holder on the side of the cart. If the course doesn't have the side-holder I just put it on the floorboard of the cart. Sunday it held a 12-pack and I dumped out ice at the end of the round.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Any old cheap soft sided cooler that will fit in the basket and carry a 6-pack will do.

Exactly. And they have soft side coolers with a hard insert to prevent leaking I'll post pic of mine later
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
One built in to the bag. Or one that fits under the seat, if the cart is electric.
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:

Exactly. And they have soft side coolers with a hard insert to prevent leaking I'll post pic of mine later

If the soft cooler has a hard insert it would lose its advantages of being a flexible soft cooler.
Mr.Bond
AG
No because it fits perfectly in the basket behind your seat and doesn't leak.
ElCheAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Well. Bring that b.tch with you Friday with a 6 pack of Shiner and ice.
Mr.Bond
AG
No need. I play with 3 doctors, they rolling in cash homie
ElCheAg
AG
quote:
No need. I play with 3 doctors, they rolling in cash homie

Must be a bunch of hacks. Most of them kind tend to be so on the course.
wad86
I have the yeti 20 bag. Perfect for the basket of a golf cart and can hold an 18 pack
Mr.Bond
AG
Yea and unfortunately they're rubbing off on me haha
jja79
AG
Where do you play that you can bring your own cooler?
Mr.Bond
AG
Its called hiding it under a towel in the basket
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
Its called hiding it under a towel in the basket
This!
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
Where do you play that you can bring your own cooler?
Go get cart first, drive to car to get clubs, slip cooler in basket under a towel!
jja79
AG
I'm not willing to have my memberships suspended or terminated over a cooler, but carry on.
CTGilley
AG
I found one that is perfect. Igloo MaxCool back pack. It is great. Can hold tons and keeps ice well.

My club does not mind coolers. They just don't want you bringing in beer. The small cooler on the cart does not hold much and the Cart Girl only works when it is busy. I don't mind buying beer but I am not going to over pay for Gatorade, soda, and/or snacks. I also want to be able to carry enough beer for the turn.
Mr.Bond
AG
My own club has coolers, I simply drive the cart to the parking lot and put my beverages in it there. I only take my own cooler when I play public courses that I dont care if I get booted from
jja79
AG
They don't have a no outside beverages rule?
Robert C. Christian
AG
This is the cooler I have and love it. The 24-pack version fits perfectly in the rear basket and only needs a couple of ice packs.

Since we are talking abut cooler and carrying beer onto courses, has anyone ever actually gotten booted off? I am always a little concerned but have never been approached by a marshal about it.
Texmid
AG
quote:
This is the cooler I have and love it. The 24-pack version fits perfectly in the rear basket and only needs a couple of ice packs.

Since we are talking abut cooler and carrying beer onto courses, has anyone ever actually gotten booted off? I am always a little concerned but have never been approached by a marshal about it.
My buddies and I ALWAYS carry our own beer onto the course in coolers. They all have different coolers and hide them in the basket. A few years ago one of them got busted and the "marshall" just made him go put the cooler in the truck. We didn't carry coolers for a couple weeks but then went right back to it.

After that happened I found a cooler exactly like the ones provided by our course and bought it. Now, I just show up with it filled with beer and put it on the cart when loading my clubs.
jja79
AG
I belong to 2 private clubs. At one of them there was a group of 8 guys who had been members a long time. They always brought their own. They're no longer members of the club so yes I've seen people get busted.

Everyone can justify whatever they want but someone makes up the slack for the rule breakers. If beers were $3 before but enough people cheat then the honest people pay $4.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
They don't have a no outside beverages rule?

I'm sure they do. But it's not like I bring in pacifico in bottles or something exotic. I bring in what they sell already just at a price 300% cheaper. So the odds of me being caught are virtually impossible
terradactylexpress
quote:

Everyone can justify whatever they want but someone makes up the slack for the rule breakers. If beers were $3 before but enough people cheat then the honest people pay $4.

And if those people paid 3 instead of sneaking in beer would be $4 so they could make more money.
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
I belong to 2 private clubs. At one of them there was a group of 8 guys who had been members a long time. They always brought their own. They're no longer members of the club so yes I've seen people get busted.

But $3 a beer isn't exactly honest either when their cost per beer is much less. I am not gonna feel sorry for golf course that rape customers because they can.
jja79
AG
Justify it however you want to fellas. If it's against the rules it's against the rules and those of us playing by the rules are paying for it.
Mr.Bond
DadAG10
quote:

But $3 a beer isn't exactly honest either when their cost per beer is much less. I am not gonna feel sorry for golf course that rape customers because they can.

Do you take your own into restaurants, stadiums, and planes when you travel?
raidernarizona
You are telling me you've seen inflation on beer at the course because guys like me don't like getting raped on $3 crap Bud Light, when I can bring my own real beer from home? I'm not buying it. Like Tursiops said, if they charged honest prices, I'd be happy to pay it, but they don't. Btw, I only bring 1 or 2 cold ones anyways. I walk and they get too heavy, plus I suck bad enough sober.

Another option is a few 32 oz. HydroFlasks and a couple mixers.
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
quote:

Do you take your own into restaurants, stadiums, and planes when you travel?
Ummm...yes I have!
Gil Renard
AG
Soft bag golf cooler that looks like a spike/spike shoes carrier works For me. As mentioned above. Golf is already expensive. ive snuck beer. It's easy. Just be aware of Marshalls but 99% don't give a damn. Pace is play is the main thing those blue hair retirees care about
Baby Billy
AG
We usually just take a 30 pack out there and put the whole thing underneath the cart seat. Fits perfectly in the EZ-GO's at Bryan Muni
t - cam
AG
quote:
We usually just take a 30 pack out there and put the whole thing underneath the cart seat. Fits perfectly in the EZ-GO's at Bryan Muni

Under the cart seat is a great hiding place. Used to be the go to. Now I'm too lazy to figure it out and just buy at the course.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.