SNELL MY TOUR BALL

3,563 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jj9000
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone play these?

Most of you are probably aware that Dean Snell, the founder of Snell Golf, was involved with designs of ProV1 and ProV1x... and Taylor Made etc.

If you currently play Pro Vs, will this ball replace it?

One of the things I like about Pro V1x is the durability - knock on wood - if I don't lose the ball. There was 1 particular time I played 1 ProV1x for about 3 rounds until I finally lost the dang thing.
LHIOB
AG
I found one yesterday and I have never heard of them before. Whats the price point?
AggieDruggist89
AG
What??? These balls get lost???

JK.

$31.99 free shipping.

There is a lower end Snell ball called Get Sum.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I found one yesterday and I have never heard of them before. Whats the price point?
Ditto. Found one and gave it to a buddy who lost his ball in the water because I didn't figure it was worth much. He promptly hit it into another pond.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
They should have an ad campaign with pros they sponsor just saying "Snell, my balls".
7nine
Just an Ag
AG
I play with a guy that buys them off the internet, and apparently that is the only way to buy them. www.snellgolf.com If you buy 6 dozen at a time you get a discount. I've have not played them but my buddy seems to think they are top notch. I am eating through a good supply of Titlists, but when those are out I may try a them.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
I have a buddy (low single digit handicap) that plays with them exclusively. He used to be a Pro V1 guy. He swears by them.
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
quote:
Ditto. Found one and gave it to a buddy who lost his ball in the water because I didn't figure it was worth much. He promptly hit it into another pond.

What the H***. Teach him to hit em straight, will ya.
agsalaska
AG
I doubt it. While I have ventured from Titleist before, I have zero reason to do it with this version or the last version.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
played them and they are pretty durable, i don't think they spin as much as prov's, however i have yet to cut one.
On the prov, especially with new wedges i can rip the cover up pretty good with a solid wedge. Haven't been able to yet with a snell but it was only for about 7 holes. In my opinion they didn't feel as soft either with taylormade, prov, and then snell.

all in all a good deal for the money tho.
ORAggieFan
$32 is what you can get ChromeSoft for on Amazon and what I'm playing. Anyone play both and compare?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Some of us Pro V users are always searching to $20 to $30 a dozen substitute. The search continues.

I then always go back to Pro V1x. But maybe Snell is it. Will give it a try.
cablinaggie
AG
I bought a dozen of these last week, ordered Monday and arrived Saturday. Then our round got rained out on Sunday. Will try again this weekend. That's the thing though, you can't just pick up a box at Academy anytime, you have to plan ahead; I was tracking fedex all week waiting for them to arrive.

I played with the Vice Pro and Pro Plus a couple of weeks ago and liked them.
jj9000
AG
quote:
Some of us Pro V users are always searching to $20 to $30 a dozen substitute. The search continues.

Why wait for a $20 substitute when you can buy near-mint ProV1 Practice and/or ProV1x Practice balls from me for $75 per (5) Dozen?

They aren't refinished balls...in fact...most have never been hit.

Several on here can vouch for condition.
SLF11
AG
Golf WRX review is high on the ball.

Review - My Tour Ball
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
quote:

Why wait for a $20 substitute when you can buy near-mint ProV1 Practice and/or ProV1x Practice balls from me for $75 per (5) Dozen?

How's this work? I used to buy practice balls. But it kinda went away. But that was 15 years ago.

Online? Store front? garage? back of an alley way?
Sazerac
AG
paypal

I just got my 75 prov1x XOUT in from him. All are brand new, no marks, no refurb (like the Reloads I usually hit).

they simply have XOUT on the side
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:

Review - My Tour Ball
Here's another good review with monitor tests.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/balls/snell_my_tour_ball_review
oldschool87
AG
quote:
Anyone play these?

Most of you are probably aware that Dean Snell, the founder of Snell Golf, was involved with designs of ProV1 and ProV1x... and Taylor Made etc.

One of the things I like about Pro V1x is the durability - knock on wood - if I don't lose the ball. There was 1 particular time I played 1 ProV1x for about 3 rounds until I finally lost the dang thing.
You need to either buy new wedges or sharpen them... A solid strike from a 90 yard wedge should leave 5 grooves in the ball...
jj9000
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

How's this work? I used to buy practice balls. But it kinda went away. But that was 15 years ago.

Online? Store front? garage? back of an alley way?

PayPal...and no...not a storefront (although I should be).

I'm sitting on a bunch of ProV1 Practice and ProV1x Practice balls. I'm out of town for a few days...but...will sync up with you when I get back.
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
quote:
Anyone play these?

You need to either buy new wedges or sharpen them... A solid strike from a 90 yard wedge should leave 5 grooves in the ball...
I did just buy a groove sharpener yesterday.

And my understanding is original Ping Eye II box grooves are legal for amateur play until 2023?

Well, I have Eye II SW and LW in my bag.
agsalaska
AG
quote:

Review - My Tour Ball

That reads like a paid for review of a firearm in a fun rag.

WestTexAG
AG
They're pretty good balls. I'd say on par with B330, but not quite as good as ProV though it's close.
beb06
AG
I'd be interesting in purchasing 5 dozen if you still have some.
jj9000
AG
I'm back in DFW...what is your email address?
Mr.Bond
AG
I've bought the practice Pro Vs from JJ. Very good quality
jja79
AG
Dean Snell was on PGA Tour radio Monday discussing his marketing, pricing, etc. He said with no paid marketing and no pro contracts to pay he can sell at his current price point. His history is solid developing golf balls. The Get Sum is $85 for 6 dozen, no shipping cost. The My Tour Ball is $158 for 6 dozen.
ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
quote:

Review - My Tour Ball

That reads like a paid for review of a firearm in a fun rag.

Definitely written by the manufacturer or someone being paid to write it
jj9000
AG
quote:
The My Tour Ball is $158 for 6 dozen.
I forgot about this thread...glad it was bumped.

I still have a boatload of near-mint (as in...90% never been hit)...ProV1 and ProV1x Practice balls.

Shoot me a note if you want some.

$75 for (5) dozen...shipped anywhere in the Lower 48.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.