Bear Creek - Masters

2,228 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Funky Winkerbean
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess the last flood finally did it in? Just drove by and it looks beyond repair.
hunterjr81
Yes it looks like it. On their website it says the following:

"Bear Creek Golf World Update August 4, 2016

Friends, as you already know our staff has been working tirelessly to get our courses back in shape and ready for play. We know everyone is ready to get back out and tee it up as we are certainly ready to welcome you all back. Our current course situation and plan is as follows, we plan on opening the Challenger course and practice range sometime this month of August, we do not have a hard date yet as we are currently installing new pump motors and electrical components for our course irrigation system that was flooded out during the April storms. Our open date is dependent on these systems, once we have a reliable irrigation system we plan to water the course for multiple days in order to begin to cut down the height of the greens so they are in a fun and playable condition for all of our players. After the Challenger course is opened we then plan on opening the front nine of the Presidents course sometime in the Fall, the back nine Presidents will open later in the Spring.

Friends, please let me thank you again for all of the great thoughts, calls and patience you have extended to the staff at Bear Creek during this unfortunate time it is most certainly appreciated! Please rest assured that when we have a hard date for reopen we will begin to let all of our loyal patrons know via email, website, social media about the date for reopen.

With Sincerest Thanks
Bear Creek Golf World Management & Staff"
Icecream_Ag
S
they need to turn that into an agricultural area (grow grass for greens, tee boxes, fairways) and put a massive chipping and putting complex along the entrance road from 6.
Texaggie7nine
I feel the same way playing Bear Creek Masters that I do when I drive through a fast food place to eat.
7nine
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I feel the same way playing Bear Creek Masters that I do when I drive through a fast food place to eat.
you paid to much and you'll pay double later?
Just an Ag
AG
Time for BC Golf World to fade away. Maybe create a single muni course on the northern 25% of the site and let the rest be treed parkland. Maybe a Par 3 course and/or a putting course can be carved in there as well. No need to spend any money on bringing back the Masters.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Time for BC Golf World to fade away. Maybe create a single muni course on the northern 25% of the site and let the rest be treed parkland. Maybe a Par 3 course and/or a putting course can be carved in there as well. No need to spend any money on bringing back the Masters.
agree. They need to make parts of the master back nine a par 3 course and use 9/18 greens as a nice practice short game area.
Ag_07
AG
The Challenger is essentially a Par 3 course.

Plus I don't think it can be profitable to operate anything there. The Masters was already without bunkers because of the floods.

It was a good try but a golf course in a reservoir just doesn't work.
terradactylexpress
quote:
The Challenger is essentially a Par 3 course.

Plus I don't think it can be profitable to operate anything there. The Masters was already without bunkers because of the floods.

It was a good try but a golf course in a reservoir just doesn't work.

It's been there since the 80s so it's not like it hasn't worked for a while. I imagine they essentially are getting the land for free, similar to how BCLL operates.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah but they're underwater after even 2" of rain.

Hell the Masters course didn't even have bunkers because they couldn't keep up with repairs and gave up and let them grow in.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Yeah but they're underwater after even 2" of rain.

Hell the Masters course didn't even have bunkers because they couldn't keep up with repairs and gave up and let them grow in.
first time I played out there (2001ish) they had let Presidents and Challenger turn to crap (worse than before the floods) and spent all of their money on maintaining Masters. It showed as it was nice (Houston National level nice, not true nice), but wasnt worth the price.
Just an Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
agree. They need to make parts of the master back nine a par 3 course and use 9/18 greens as a nice practice short game area.
Good idea on #9 & #18 greens. Improve the range and other practice areas. Modify Challenger/Presidents into one 18-hole low-cost course. Squeeze in a par 3 course (maybe lighted). Then, bring in someone like Swanson School of golf to operate out of there and keep an eye on the place. Just make it a low cost but practical place, and someplace you can go work on your game without having to play a full round.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Good idea on #9 & #18 greens. Improve the range and other practice areas. Modify Challenger/Presidents into one 18-hole low-cost course. Squeeze in a par 3 course (maybe lighted). Then, bring in someone like Swanson School of golf to operate out of there and keep an eye on the place. Just make it a low cost but practical place.
not enough blue stars that I can give this.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
this place will be a money pit with the amount of houses and construction west just pouring water into there.

it was a good run, time to close up shop unless you plan on raising every fairway and green about 30 feet so you aren't constantly correcting flooded out areas.
BarryProfit
Didn't their super used to post on this forum?
Ragoo
AG
I assume he still works there and yes, he still posts on the outdoor board frequently. I don't want to give out the handle.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I left there over 3 years ago.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
woah, had no idea. where ya at now?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
quote:
quote:

Not at Bear Creek
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not at Bear Creek
well, if I wanted you to get me on a course for a reduced green fee like you did at bear creek......
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Aren't you about to be a dad? Golf is over for the next 18 years.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
just 5. then its daddy/child golf for 7
Ragoo
AG
quote:
yep, to twins in fact! Trying to get my golf in, swing figured out, and shooting my best scores since HS before I no longer have the time to even remember how to swing.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
just had a kid last year, easiest way to keep your game up to snuff, work shift and day care
Funky Winkerbean
AG
quote:
quote:
just had a kid last year, easiest way to keep your game up to snuff, work shift and day care

Just wait until all the after school stuff starts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.