2016 Ryder Cup!

52,858 Views | 731 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by stick93
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bunk Moreland
Bunk Moreland

So why didn't you take advantage, whiner?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Come on, Rose. Take it like a man. That is weak.
Bunk Moreland
Bunk Moreland
Apparently rory led a USA chant on 18 at the end because he couldn't believe the crowd wasn't going nuts at the very end.

I've always been a big fan of McIlroy, but man he was fantastic this week. That's how you show emotion for your side but also appreciate the event.

Im sure its also easier when you won like 13mm the week before too.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Rory was great. From the putting heckler to the very end today. Went up a few notches in my book (and I liked him already). He made this what it should be - a fun, rowdy exhibition of great golf vs an uptight bundle of nervous, sensitive players
gougler08
AG
What was wrong with the pin on 17?
Bunk Moreland
gougler08 said:

What was wrong with the pin on 17?

Apparently the euros were *****ing about the setup of the course overall. Rose apparently thought the pin on 17 was safe (thus not creating a challenge on what is usually a clinching hole for match play?)

DL3 ordered short rough because he knew our boys aren't accurate off the tee, etc.

So I guess he's crying because we used home course advantage to fit our players' tendencies. Sounds like sour grapes.

At the end of the day rose lost to a guy who did not have a great year. He has no one to blame but himself
Quinn
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Who's the biggest surprise player? I'm thinking Sneds.

Sneds was great. I wouldn't say surprised bc I expected Koepka to play well, but he went out and had a great weekend.
Cedar09
I was at the course this week, the greens were fast and the course was in great shape. I believe the course set up was fine! Nothing really unfair or too easy.
KC_Ag14
AG
I am so content. What a performance by these guys, on both sides, and the US still stomped them. Love that the process of coming together to create a US Ryder Cup team culture paid off in such a big way. Hopefully this young nucleus of American guys will use this as a springboard to more Ryder Cup success going forward.
ORAggieFan
I think I love the Ryder Cup because it is either win or lose as a fan. I don't get that any major or other even as I like so many. Super intense golf too. I'm in the minority but think it's better than any major (we get 8 majors before next RC).
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The Euros openly admitted to slowing the greens down to give themselves an advantage several years back. They wanted a putt to be "hit" and not stroked.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah I know. Rose was being a ******.

Fowler was asked to comment on the rose quote and what he thought of the setup, and he answered it brilliantly.

Basically said he didn't think it was a pro am, and he and Rose both didn't play very well today. Made very few birdies. He then said "I know who did like the set up, the guy to my left" in reference to Phil.

Great answer. Stayed humble because he didn't play great, but also laid out the "if it was so easy, why didn't you play better like others did?"

Also, Phil when asked about the pressure for 2 years to win it, had a great quote where he said something to the extent of "that was because some jackass ran his mouth in the media tent 2 years ago."
Mr.Bond
AG
Can someone explain this to me
"that was because some jackass ran his mouth in the media tent 2 years ago."

Steve Sands? What was that story?
Bunk Moreland
Mr.Bond said:

Can someone explain this to me
"that was because some jackass ran his mouth in the media tent 2 years ago."

Steve Sands? What was that story?

Phil was talking about himself. Basically saying he put undue pressure on the entire team to win and it started when he ran his mouth right after the event 2 years ago.
Bunk Moreland
Unemployed
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Spieth is acting like his girlfriend got cooties or something.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Hahahaha that's awesome. It's hard to not like fowler, even though he played like **** this week.
Mr.Bond
AG
What's the story on Steve sands
Bunk Moreland
Nothing. He just asked someone me super generic questions and tiger gave some dick headed responses
Pahdz
The questions were generic sure, but I expected (and I'm sure everyone else did) more out of Tiger. Didn't open up at all.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I expect more out of most. Learned long ago not to expect more out of Tiger tho
Pahdz
DannyDuberstein said:

I expect more out of most. Learned long ago not to expect more out of Tiger tho
good point
Pinata Man
Thought it was neat that Ryan Moore ended up winning it (or Westwood losing it, however you want to look at it). I'm sure most of the players wanted DL3 to pick Bubba with that last pick and you could tell that from the slightly awkward nature many of them celebrated the victory with Ryan right afterward his match ended.

I think Love made the right choice taking the hot hand with that pick over the "popular" pick and it worked out for them in the end. Awesome victory.

Of course Bubba still made his way to the event, and made sure everyone saw him crying on national TV during Love's on course interview afterwards.
Ag_07
AG
Just as Ryan Moore came off the green did anyone notice Bubba standing in the background bawling his eyes out?

The dude cries more than a hormonal pregnant woman on her period at a funeral watching SPCA commercials.
ORAggieFan
Ag_07 said:

Just as Ryan Moore came off the green did anyone notice Bubba standing in the background bawling his eyes out?

The dude cries more than a hormonal pregnant woman on her period at a funeral watching SPCA commercials.

Hard not to notice with how he positioned himself.
DannyDuberstein
AG
**** like that is problem #1 with this team in past Ryder Cups. This **** isn't worth crying over, win or lose. Go play loose, have some rowdy-ass fun like Reed and even Sneds were doing, and what happens happens.
Goose
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Per a meme I saw somewhere on the intertron: "99 problems..."
Deluxe
AG
bagger05
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

**** like that is problem #1 with this team in past Ryder Cups. This **** isn't worth crying over, win or lose. Go play loose, have some rowdy-ass fun like Reed and even Sneds were doing, and what happens happens.

Seriously. Should be the most fun these pros have between the ropes every two years. Get hyped, talk trash, compete your ass off, have some beers with your teammates and competitors when it's over and start the trash talk for 2018. Reed-Rory on that insane hole embodies what this competition is supposed to be about.
stick93
AG
bagger05 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Seriously. Should be the most fun these pros have between the ropes every two years. Get hyped, talk trash, compete your ass off, have some beers with your teammates and competitors when it's over and start the trash talk for 2018. Reed-Rory on that insane hole embodies what this competition is supposed to be about.

But this is New Merica that we now live in. It took a task force to figure this out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.