Whistler, BC Course Recos?

1,223 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by grego
claybot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I are headed to Vancouver and Whistler next week and I'm planning to get a round in one day while she goes to the spa. I'm trying to figure out which course to play. Looks like there are a few great options in the area.

We're staying at the Fairmont Chateau, so their course is an obvious choice. But Big Sky, Furry Creek and Nicklaus North look nice too. Anyone played up there and have any recommendations? Thanks!
jakeaggie84
AG
Played Furry creek last year. Probably top 3 most scenic courses I have ever played. Arguably number one. I loved it. Played in April, so a bit chilly but no one on the course but me. And the best part..... This is the course where they taped the bob barker scene on happy gilmore. I have a picture of the green and creek they roll around on during the fight scene. Didn't play the others.
zebco
I got to play the Fairmont course a few years ago. Definitely not a disappointment. Awesome playing in the mountains like that. Conditions were pristine
USGA77
AG
I played the Nicklaus North course 3 years ago. It was the only course in the area I was able to play. I would definitely recommend it. Very scenic and playable. Clubhouse is in a gorgeous setting.
fletch01
AG
I've played Furry Creek and Big Sky. I highly recommend both. Furry Creek has spectacular views, which Jake also noted. My dad said it was more scenic than Pebble Beach (which I've never played). As for Big Sky, it was a really fun course, set right at the base of the mountains. There actually isn't a lot of ups and downs in the course, but it's really neat to play at the base of the mountains. They actually just had a Canadian PGA tour event there the week before I played it, so it was in great shape. At any rate, I love Vancouver so I'm totally jealous. Have fun!
grego
AG
Always go in the winter to ski so have never played any of the courses. Want to go in the summer just to play Furry Creek. Most unbelievable golf setting I've ever seen.

If you have a private club membership or another way to get on, Capilano Golf Club in Vancouver is supposed to be the finest around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.