Golf in Sugarland...

1,095 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
RigsTx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to be in Sugarland for a family reunion this weekend and was hoping to sneak away and play once while there. We are staying in the same subdivision as Greatwood, but I couldn't find any tee times for Friday morning. Does anyone have any suggestions?
07fta07
AG
Quail Valley isn't far. The El Dorado course is nice. Not a fan of La Quinta.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I use to love greatwood before it went to ****, not sure what it's like now but I'm sure it's halfway decent.

You know anyone who is a member at Blackhawk or shadowhawk?
Maybe know someone with reciprocal memberships that could help you out.
RigsTx
AG
What kind of rate am I going to have to pay at Black Hawk or Shadow Hawk? I'm a member of a country club and I hope I can reciprocate, but I don't want to ask if I am looking at a $200 round.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
blackhawk 75-100 maybe 125 guest fee.

shadowhawk if you are concerned on price probably doesnt reciprocate to the club you are a member of. It is a very exclusive club. but i would guess guest fee is in the 125 to 200 range.
RigsTx
AG
That's probably a fair statement. I was reading about Shadow Hawk and it is probably a little more exclusive than I'm accustomed. Thanks for the info.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
hope that didnt come off snooty, i just know a couple of members there and the poorest one i have met might be the top estate lawyer in houston
RigsTx
AG
No offense taken. I'm going to talk to my director of Golf today and see what he can do. Hopefully I can at least get on Black Hawk, but if not Quail Valley doesn't look too bad.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
ive played quail, good track, not overly pretty but can be challenging.
AggieT
AG
I played Quail Valley last weekend (El Dorado). I liked the course and the condition was... acceptable but not great. Tough track. The driving range was an absolute mess.
Mr.Bond
AG
I've never been to a golf course that has a pretty decent course (El Dorado) and an absolute SHIIIT driving range until I played there
07fta07
AG
Yea, their driving range is pathetic
ag1998
AG
Best estate planning attorney in Houston is a member of The Houston Country Club...Not shadowhawk. Fwiw
DannyDuberstein
AG
Is that estate planning attorney ranking based on the AP poll or the coaches poll?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.