La Cantera - Palmer Course

1,636 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DOCAG79
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm playing there Thursday morning. Anyone played there recently? How's the course?
SW AG80
AG
If you have never played there before, I hope someone is playing with you who knows the course. Many blind shots off the tee. One, if I remember correctly, I would have teed off in the wrong direction if my playing partner had not played the course before. I usually like Palmer courses, but not this one.
KC_Ag14
AG
Totally agree with SW AG80. Many complex sight lines and elevation changes to boot. If you think your line is conservative, play it even more so. Really think the Resort is a better playing experience than the Palmer of the two La Cantera courses... Just my two cents.
La Fours
AG
Well sh!! I'm by myself. Maybe I can pair up with someone.
Matsui
AG
Good luck. Blind shots after blind shots. Don't get mad.
SW AG80
AG
Change your game to the resort course. It is a fun little course to play.
La Fours
AG
Done. Changed to the resort course. Thanks for the heads up.
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
Change your game to the resort course. It is a fun little course to play.

How difficult is the resort course?
KC_Ag14
AG
It's a fun test! One of my favorite places to play in town. Hosted the Valero Texas Open prior to TPC SA.

There are quite a bit of holes with elevation changes, but you can at least see where you're going unlike the Palmer. Love #10, par 5 with a downhill tee shot that leads to a severely uphill approach to the green. There's 4 or 5 short par 4s with small greens. Lot of strategy needed off the tee and better be putting well. Slick, grainy, undulated greens.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Resort course is a good, moderate test. Nkt particularly easy or difficult. And a good representation incorporating the hill country into the layout. You'll enjoy it.
LeFraud
Played 36 at the Resort course back in May. It was in great shape, actually had to drive over some water crossings as they were still flooded in that area. Course is pretty much laid out in front of you. If you enjoy hunting for golf balls, or just in no hurry, there are some holes you can go into the brush and find brand new golf balls without much effort. I'm talking ProVs, Callaway, Taylormade...really quality balls that may have been hit once or twice.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Agreed. Palmer has lots of blind shots. I thought I hit it OB on one tee shot. Uphill, dogleg right. Blind landing zone. Looked for my ball for a while - turns out, I drove the green. Tricky course but beautiful.
AgsMyDude
AG
Thanks! I knew the Valero open was out there but couldn't remember which one. Got a buddy coming in town and wants the full Hill country experience, I'll probably take him out there.
Dr T and the Women
AG
Just played the resort course 2 days ago. I really enjoyed it. It was in pretty good shape.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DOCAG79
AG
Not a fan of the Palmer course as has been stated, way too many blind shots! Played Canyon Springs a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. Still one of my favorite courses in San Antonio to play, though they get a ton of play!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.