Bluetooth Speakers

6,481 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Shane431
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for feedback on Bluetooth speakers that you take to the course. I'm about to pull the trigger on a UE Boom b/c it looks like it will fit nicely in a cart cupholder and it sounded great in the store.

I had a UE Roll that was really good...but lost the damn thing...and I know someone who has (2) UE Rolls sync'd up to go in full strereo mode (which is badass...but overkill for me).

INB4 the best kind of speaker is one that's not on the course crowd. I'm playing music, and I might wear some cargo pants dammit.

What say you, TexAgs?
Ag_07
AG
I've got a Bose Minilink that I take sometimes. It doesn't fit in the cup holder but it sits nicely in the compartment right in front of you. Sounds great, easy to use, and battery will last an entire round.
Yesterday
AG
JJ. I've got a couple in the pawnshop. I'll get you a price with shipping today. I use one for golf and around the house and love it. The battery lasts forever.
agsalaska
AG
I do not have one. Anything from Bose or Sony will work just fine.

Interesting topic and I am surprised that I do not recall another thread on it. I do not take a blue tooth speaker on the course. When I go play in the late afternoons in the summer I am usually hoping for some peace and quiet. But in my regular group on the weekends someone almost always brings one and I now enjoy it.
Ag_07
AG
Depends on what kinda golf I'm playing and who I'm with if I have my speaker. If I'm playing in a scramble, drinking beer with buddies while swinging clubs, on vacation, etc I'll play some music. If I'm playing on a work outing or with my serious gambling group I'll leave it at home.
Tursiops93
AG
I use the Bose Soundlink Color Bluetooth. It's a bit bigger so I put it in the front of the cart. It acts like a box and sounds better that way to me. Easily lasts me through a 5 hour round.
Matsui
AG
Got the ue boom and it's perfect.
jj9000
AG
quote:
Got the ue boom and it's perfect.
Does it fit in a standard cart cup-holder without bouncing around?
Mr.Bond
AG
I put my phone in the cup holder and it's just as loud/clear as the Jam speaker I bought.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
I have a Big Jambox by Jawbone. It's a brick and sits in the cart basket behind me. Works great and can get way louder than necessary. That said, I've heard good things about the UE Boom. The flexibility of putting in the cupholder would be great. It's probably what I'll get if my Big Jambox breaks.
boy09
AG
I didn't want anything too fancy just to take on the golf course, no telling what might happen to it. I rolled the dice on this one. It's great, WAAAY better than I ever expected it to be for $25. It's almost disposable at that price.

I actually have this older discontinued model, but it's been working great for about 3 years.
K Bo
AG
I have been considering a UE Roll to strap to my push cart. Are you going to the boom just for better sound quality?
jj9000
AG
quote:
Are you going to the boom just for better sound quality?
Yes...sound quality...and cupholder placement.

The UE Roll is a really really good speaker...especially for the price...however, I'm pretty sure I left my last one strapped to the back of a cart and it's MIA.

If the UE Boom sounds like it did in the store...while in the cupholder...without moving and tilting around/falling out...I'm sold.
clintaggie04
AG
I have a UE Mini Boom that works great but does not fit in a cup holder. It is just a little too big, which is very frustrating.

This is the one I have
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E9YIFQ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468428058&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=ue+mini+boom+wireless+bluetooth+speaker&dpPl=1&dpID=51mahY%2B9RsL&ref=plSrch
ElCheAg
AG
A golfing buddy of mine has the JBL Charge 2. It fits perfectly in the golf cart cup holder. Has great bass and sound.
Yesterday
AG
UE Boom red and blue, model s-00122 for $100 shipped. Same model I have and it fits in the cup holder perfectly.
Oknows
AG
I use a $20 ish Jam Classic and it's perfect. Fits perfectly in the cupholders and if something were to happen to it on the course, I'm out $20.
SLF11
AG
i'll echo this. i have the JBL charge and it fits in all cup holders, provides enough juice for 2 rounds and is adequately equipped (speaker wise).

Couldn't recommend more.
hoya-ag
AG
I have a Philips one for golf that clips on my bag so I can also use it when I walk like the one below. It also fits comfortably in a cup holder and I think the sound is fine. Not as good as my UE mini boom that I use at home, but it works well.

The D
AG
I have a bose soundlink 3, its big and heavy, but put it in the back of the cart in the holder. Its loud and more importantly will last 8 hours at full and 14 at 50%. Sounds great too
Boo Weekley
LOVE my UE Boom and have turned like 5-6 friends and relatives onto it. It's like it was meant for the golf cart. Doesn't bounce or rattle around and have never had it fall out. Great sound and super long battery life...I want to say 15 hours or so? I get a ton of use between charges.
eye-gor
AG
Just bought the UE Boom 2 and had it out on the course yesterday. Great sound quality and highly recommend though a little on the pricey side. Nice thing is you can daisy chain with additional units to create surround sound.

15 hours of battery life and waterproof as well.
jj9000
AG
quote:
UE Boom red and blue, model s-00122 for $100 shipped. Same model I have and it fits in the cup holder perfectly.
Ordered one off the Bay during lunch...wish I would have waited to see this post.
Matsui
AG
Yes it fits. It's awesome.
Ezra Brooks
AG
quote:
A golfing buddy of mine has the JBL Charge 2. It fits perfectly in the golf cart cup holder. Has great bass and sound.
This is good to know as I got one for Father's Day.

Headed to Orange Beach, AL tomorrow and hoping to get a round in, I'll report back to confirm.
7iron
AG
I also have the JBL Charge and love it. Fits in cup holder and sounds great.
Just an Ag
AG
Bose Soundlink (the big pictured item earlier in thread). My cart has a cavity dashboard so I can wedge it in there and it gets a great bass boost from being inside the cavity and puts out great sound.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm 28 and occasionally enjoy music on the course...... As long as only I or my playing partners can hear it. Don't be that guy blaring Katy Perry so loud I can hear it from 2 fairways over. Thanks and Gigem
aggiebrother33
Jam XT is what I have, fits perfectly in a cup holder and under $50. Plenty loud enough for golf and battery lasts a whole round. Brother got one also and likes it as well.

Plus you can hang it on whatever outside while grilling etc.
proudaggie02
AG
I was leaning toward the UE Boom, but now I'm thinking the JBL Xtreme after comparing a few at Target the other day. The Boom sounds good enough, but did not seem to have the bass of the Xtreme.
SA-AG72
AG
We have a JBL Charge 2. I highly recommend it.
BEaggie08
AG
I use a UE Megaboom on the course (and at the pool, in the garage, fishing, etc). I have found it to have pretty good bass. The downside of the Megaboom is that it doesn't fit in the cup holder of a golf cart. I usually just throw it in the basket, or the front storage area.

Battery life is outstanding. I can get through a 3 - 4 hour round with 10 - 12 percent battery drain. They've also added some pretty useful tap features with the most recent update that allow you to pause, play, and skip songs without using your phone or other device.
Yesterday
AG
Just played my third round on one charge with the UE Boom.
t - cam
AG
That Phillips clip is perfect. You don't need big sound on the golf course. I love to have music on on the course but understand that I can't get real loud as it is a distraction to some.
213 Grove
AG
Monster SuperStar BackFloat

Loud, rugged, waterproof, and floats in your pool

Been very happy with it
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.