Shipsticks

3,573 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Doc4rock
Doc4rock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone every use them?
tamu2009
AG
Used them when I went to Bandon. Crazy easy. A touch expensive. Would definitely use again.

They don't really care about the weight limits they publish either. Money was a solid 5-6 pounds too heavy and I called and they said don't worry about it.
tamuagk
AG
I used them a few weeks ago. Dropped them off at the UPS store and those folks knew nothing on how ship stick worked and what the maximum weight was. My printout from ship sticks said 32lbs vs the 42 included as the "standard" bag weight and what I paid for. I thought this was deceptive on ship sticks part.
98Ag99Grad
AG
what airline are you flying? Southwest doesn't charge for golf clubs in case you didn't know. To answer the question, never used them myself. I've flown with my clubs probably half a dozen times, twice to Ireland, and never had any issues. My clubs were very late to get off the plane once in Ireland and that did scare the crap out of me I must admit. If I was going back overseas its definitely something I would consider.
Doc4rock
AG
Going to Bandon, flying into small north east regional airport on little plane worried clubs wouldn't get there.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah on a little puddle jumper plane like that it might be a good idea.
grego
AG
I'm assuming clubs are definitely a priority if flying to Coos Bay. Golfers are probably the majority of the traffic into that airport these days.
wad86
Anyone have a coupon code for ship sticks??
girlgolfer12
When are you flying?
wad86
July 22- aug 1 to Glasgow, Scotland
girlgolfer12
Bummer. My code is only good for the US.
Texmid
AG
It would be hard to beat the cost to take them with you on the flight. I've flown to Scotland 4 times and have never had an issue.
Tom Hagen
AG
How much does the chick in the commercial charge to come along on your golf vacation?

wad86
$35 on airline vs $229 with ship sticks, guess I'll gamble with the airline getting them there!
tamu2009
AG
Only reason I used them going to Bandon was a tight connection that I didn't want the chance to have them not make it on and we had our first round early the next morning and didn't want to take any chance of not having my clubs there for it.

I printed my label, put it on my bag and just dropped it off at the ups store like a normal package. Got to Bandon and after we checked in went over to the club storage and there they were. I gave them my return label and when I was done I just dropped them back off at the club storage and they put the new label on and they showed up back at my house a couple days later.
SmackDaddy
AG
Very easy to use.
Doc4rock
AG
We used ship sticks for a trip to Bandon dunes, clubs were waiting at resort when we arrived but my sons clubs were lost on trip back home. So ship with them at your own risk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.