Traditions Member Guest

1,631 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WGAF
billionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who won? Did the rain ruin it? Any fun stuff? How was the course?
Codeno
AG
Winner was a young kid, Colby Mahan? I can't remember his guest's name.

Rain washed out the practice round Thursday and one 9-hole match on Saturday. It also caused the shootout to be played on #2 because parts of the course were flooded from the rain Saturday afternoon.

The tournament also put on a skeet shoot competition which was fun.

Considering all the rain, the course was in pretty great shape. We had to play lift, clean, and place everywhere except hazards because every shot caused your ball to be caked in mud. The greens were fantastic and quite fast even with the rain.
Swollen Thumb
AG
I had a great time, despite the bad luck weather. Considering we probably got 3-4 inches of rain Thursday I thought the course held up great Friday through Saturday morning. But the added 3+ inches that fell in about an hour Saturday afternoon was just too much. They cancelled the final match, but at that point I was just glad they were even able to get the horse race in, even if it was an abbreviated format repeating the same hole. Was still a lot of fun to watch.
WGAF
With the final match being cancelled I think we put a hurtin on the club with alcohol they had to give away.

Hated me and my partner didn't get a chance to defend our practice round victory from last year, but still had a great time.

Friday morning they had barbers in the men's grill giving haircuts and hot shaves. I got my beard trimmed up. It was pretty cool.

Lots of booze!

MarkPro
I was swilling 'Soni-ritas' like Kool Aid! It sucks that the last 2 years have been plagued by bad weather. It's such a great tournament.
WGAF
I think Soni put some crack in those soniritas!! After two of them, and plenty of beers before, I was jacked up!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.