Sweetwater Country Club

9,403 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 45-70Ag
mentorsubsea
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any TexAgs members of this club? Just wondering about initiation, monthly dues and just general information. I am turning 44 this year.

I received a mailing when I moved to Commonwealth that it's a $10k initiation but no mention of monthly dues. Also heard new ownership?

Thanks in advance.
Aggie1391
I believe monthly dues used to be around $550 or so, but not sure if that's changed since the new management took over.

Also, haven't played the course since the new management took over, but I was slightly disappointed in it's condition and most of the members seemed to feel the same way. They also have a ton of members there, so the course is always full and pace of play becomes and problem.

If you're only joining for golf, I would look into Riverbend. It's not too far away, membership is reasonable, and the course tougher and in much better shape
mentorsubsea
AG
Thank you. The only thing I don't like about River Bend is their driving range. Not very many slots.

Driving range is the reason I am at Sienna Plantation not Quail Valley. Although the course condition is not great but for what I pay for the membership, I can't really complain. Just trying to look for something really closer to home, which is Sweetwater..
Ezra Brooks
AG
Not a member, but have a good buddy that is and I get down there a couple times a year (most recently was mid-March).

My buddy was really upset with them for most of 2014-2015 and very vocal about his issues. He was in the process of deciding on moving to a new club when they bought him off with free carts for a year and some relief on dues I think.

They picked up the old Super from Redstone (who had spent a year at Champions) and it does appear that he's slowly working on putting the courses back together. When I was there in March, you could actually see quite a few projects in various states of completion.

They also stole the GM from Kingwood CC (my club) earlier this year.

The driving range isn't big, but it isn't small either - but it is always pretty beat up, just from the shear # of players that play there.
1208HawkTree
AG
We looked into SWCC, among others, when we lived in Sugar Land. The facilities are among the best around but I always found the courses just ok. I also knew a couple of members that I played with relatively frequently, and they both said it could sometimes be difficult to get tee times because there are so many members. If you have a family and are looking for other things in addition to golf, SWCC is a good option. If you are like I was when we were looking and golf was 1A and 1B, I would look at other options.

Have you checked out Sugar Creek? Haven't played since the renovation, but I've heard great things. Riverbend was where I likely would have joined had we not moved to Katy.
CRM1712
AG
Mentor, just wondering if you already knew but Riverbends driving range is two sided.
Karl Hungus
AG
Just FYI
I've been a member of Riverbend for 7+ years and never had an issue with the drivin. Range being too crowded

The poster probably didn't know it has a backside...
mentorsubsea
AG

Thanks, is the backside of the driving range where Deb Vangellow teaches? When my son had a lesson, we went back there.

What is Riverbend like?
45-70Ag
AG
My initial thoughts were what kind of country club is in Sweerwater that people would pay for.

Definitely not about the town.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.