Titleist AP1's versus 2's

960 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by antman8504
aggieiniowa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on the differences between the two? I recently hit both during a fitting and am trying to decide between the two. I hit the AP2 about 5 yards shorter than the AP1 which in the long run is not a big deal at all. I am trying to figure out if the additional money for the AP2's is worth it? I am about a 7 handicap
Post removed:
by user
14TheRoad
AG
If you are a 7 go with the AP2. You will get a lot more feel and feedback from them but they are still very forgiving.
aggieiniowa
AG
I grew up playing golf in the winds that blow in El Paso. At times wind is an issue in Iowa, but not much more per see than anywhere else. Thanks for the feedback. Leaning towards the 2's. I was shocked to find out that the lie on the AP1's and 2's are different hence one of the reasons the 1's go further.
BigHitterDaLama
Difference in lie as one is more game improvement (1s) and 2s are a Players Club.

Im using JJs 712s and I love them. I had 714 AP2s but I feel they made them thicker in the topline. Maybe my eyes are just off.

Having said that, i think the AP2s are the best irons on the market off the shelf.
92TXAG
AG
AP2's are the best all around irons I've ever gamed; they've been in the bag a few years

Highly recommend
antman8504
AG
quote:
I grew up playing golf in the winds that blow in El Paso. At times wind is an issue in Iowa, but not much more per see than anywhere else. Thanks for the feedback. Leaning towards the 2's. I was shocked to find out that the lie on the AP1's and 2's are different hence one of the reasons the 1's go further.
I think you mean the differences in "loft", not lie difference.

They definitely have loft differences which will be the reason for the AP1s being longer. Sadly, game improvement sets are becoming more a more delofted as manufacturers are selling distance.The new taylormade M1 irons have a 6 iron that is 25 degrees of loft, which is a strong lofted 5 iron and an old school 4 iron. This M1 6 iron is also the same length as my current 5 iron.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.