Clubs for teenage girl?

747 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JHUAggie
Prosper92Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need some opinions from anyone that can help ...

My daughter (14) is starting to play tournament golf and is going to play in high school next year. She's been playing USKids clubs forever, but I'd like to get her something better now.

Problem is ... she's only 5'2" and doesn't have a fast swing speed, so I feel like (although I'm no expert on the matter) we'd have to cut down a regular set of clubs so much that it would screw up the weighting and affect the stiffness of the shaft. I'm sure we could get something custom fit, but I'm not up for spending that kind of money just yet.

Any suggestions? What are the best options? Thanks!
dcrewint
Ebay
Kjodie
Buy the heads and have her fit for them. Most stores will deduct the price of the fitting for the equipment.
TresPuertas
AG
My suggestion: spring for the clubs.

I started playing at 12 and (understandbly) my dad was a bit reluctant to drop any significant money on good clubs before he knew I was going to stick with it.

The problem is that not having the right equipment really affected my game and it's really frustrating to try to play your best with substandard equipment. A couple of years later he finally bought me decent set of clubs (DCI's I actually still have) and it made a world of difference in my actual game and the enjoyment I got out of it.

If she's playing competitively try to give her all the tools she needs to be successful
JHUAggie
quote:
My suggestion: spring for the clubs.

I started playing at 12 and (understandbly) my dad was a bit reluctant to drop any significant money on good clubs before he knew I was going to stick with it.

The problem is that not having the right equipment really affected my game and it's really frustrating to try to play your best with substandard equipment. A couple of years later he finally bought me decent set of clubs (DCI's I actually still have) and it made a world of difference in my actual game and the enjoyment I got out of it.

If she's playing competitively try to give her all the tools she needs to be successful
I wholeheartedly second this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.