Muirfield can no longer host the Open Championship

1,490 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tom Hagen
Corporal Punishment
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...because they won't allow women members. Good for them.

quote:
The Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers, which owns Open Championship venue Muirfield, has voted to remain a men-only club after failing to reach the two-thirds majority required to change the club's membership policy.

Following the announcement, the R&A immediately issued a statement saying that golf's oldest major will no longer be held at the Gullane venue.

I eagerly await Bob Costas' sanctimonious rebuke.
wad86
Hope this doesn't piss them off and they not allow my group of four men to play in a little over two months
12thMan2012
AG
Cool with a private club doing whatever they want with their membership.

Also cool with the R&A doing what they want with their championship. Good for them.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Great place and good story to tell about my time there
fireinthehole
PC is destroying freedom. So, go form a women's only club and pay for it, When their normal rotation comes up, they should hold the open and the pros should play there and boycott the R&A, if they have any balls. I note that no women are talented enuf to compete on the PGA or Euro tours. Not a knock on women, just confirms that there are major differences between men and women, even if they pee at the same time in the same bathroom,
AustinCountyAg
quote:
PC is destroying freedom. So, go form a women's only club and pay for it, When their normal rotation comes up, they should hold the open and the pros should play there and boycott the R&A, if they have any balls.
watty
AG
Remember, the Left hates "discrimination" so much that any time they find it where they don't like it, they immediately teach those people a lesson by discriminating against them. That's how much they hate discrimination.
Tom Hagen
AG
When is "The Open" championship going to end their discrimination against courses with trees?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.