Let's talk golf fashion

29,602 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by khaos288
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bagger05
AG
Sorry, apparently hit submit too early.

Anyway, haven't had one of these in a while. Saw something about this on the GB and wanted to bring the discussion here.

What do y'all think about the joggers that Rickie and Rory were wearing today?

Anybody trying out some new styles or brands this season?
Post removed:
by user
98Ag99Grad
AG
Big Travis Mathew fan. Almost wear that exclusively. Have some Linksoul as well. Under Armour has added some more fashionable styles with Spieth carrying the banner for them, which is nice.
jja79
AG
I wish whoever makes those clothes would sign up Gary Woodland, Dustin Johnson and Jason Kokrak.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They may as well wear shorts. Shorts look nicer than something that looks like you're headed for the gym in January. They should go mallwalking with Judge Smails in those.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Millar or GTFO
bdgol07
AG
I'll post a picture Sunday but our guys trip is the Ol John Knicker Classic. We wear knickers on Sunday for the final robs if the three day tourney. Adds a little fun to the weekend. Always fun to do something different and we got some weird looks last year at Contraband in Lake Charles
Thisguy1
I didn't notice them on Rory (probably because his shoes weren't drawing my attention to his feet like Rickie), but I couldn't stand the pants, or shoes for that matter, that Rickie was wearing. Someone actually made something worse than skinny jeans, and guys are wearing them to play golf in.
14TheRoad
AG
I don't particularly care for the style and I don't really see any circumstance that would make them ideal for an amateur unless they are just trying to emulate rickie (which obviously happens).

I can understand them from Rickies standpoint, perhaps they are somewhat more comfortable than regular pants but are still within the confines of the tour required pants.

If some amateur wants to wear them go for it. I think it looks dorky but if they can play their attire really doesn't matter.

And for full fashion disclosure, I wear Lululemon jogging pants in late fall and early spring.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
Millar or GTFO

And vineyard vines....

I really like foot joy shirts.
ORAggieFan
quote:
Big Travis Mathew fan. Almost wear that exclusively. Have some Linksoul as well. Under Armour has added some more fashionable styles with Spieth carrying the banner for them, which is nice.

Agree, love Travis Mathew. Don't love the price.
98Ag99Grad
AG
True, but nowadays you almost can't spend less than $60 or so for a new golf polo by a name brand.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
True, but nowadays you almost can't spend less than $60 or so for a new golf polo by a name brand.

I will only buy off the clearance racks
Danther37
AG
quote:
quote:

This.

My attire is typically a few seasons behind. Basically after Academy has put the older name brand polos on sale.
I wear polo's at work often but just can't justify paying normal price at my current golf skill level.

edit: I'm pro-joggers by the way. Gotta love Rickie...
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:

Or at Marshalls

I've found tons of nice Millar and RLX shirts and a couple Links Soul shirts at Marshalls for <$40

I've also been doing ShortPar4 (monthly box) that's only $45 and you get some really nice stuff including Under Armour, Travis Mathew, Links Soul, etc that's well over $45 retail. Shameless plug time...If anyone is interested let me know cause I can send a link that gets both of us a box for 1/2 off.
ORAggieFan
quote:

I'm with others buying onsale. Amazon is great for Puma gear cheap.

I did pay full price for two pairs of Travis Mathew pants. Those are amazing and I can wear them to work without anyone knowing they are golf pants.
Papa_Blaze
AG
I like finding little gems at TJ Maxx. Found a nice pair of Under Armour golf shorts and some nice Nike Polos. I check there first before heading to Academy

Ag_07, I'll go in with you
Ag_07
AG
If anyone is interested in a ShortPar4 box here is a link to get your first box for $25.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
Or at Marshalls

I've found tons of nice Millar and RLX shirts and a couple Links Soul shirts at Marshalls for <$40
Really? Never even considered looking there. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!
98Ag99Grad
AG
Thanks! Just used that for my first box.
Papa_Blaze
AG
Thanks, Ag! Just did the same!
Ag_07
AG
No worries. If anything use it once and cancel if you don't like what you got. However, I haven't had a box I don't like.

Usually get 2 or 3 items of nice brand name stuff. Last month got a Link Soul shirt and Oakley shorts. Sometimes they'll throw in extras like a pair of socks, belt, hat, etc.

Not a bad deal since the contents in the box usually add up to about $100.
agsalaska
AG
I think they both looked like a couple of idiots. And I wouldn't consider myself some old guy who doesn't like fashion changes either. They just looked like clowns. Period.
HouAggie
AG
I'm with agalaska on this. Doesn't bother me at all, but I think they look stupid.
Sooner Born
Muni course = A t-shirt and some jorts.

If playing somewhere nice, ironed t-shirt and nice jorts.
jja79
AG
quote:

Steinmart
Old School Brother
did anyone dig rory's new air max 90 golf shoes?

98Ag99Grad
AG
Liked them better than Fowler's but that ain't sayin a whole lot.
ORAggieFan
I think those shoes look nice, but think they are too high on the ankle to use them myself.
Old School Brother
I'm with you. I like the look, but don't know that I would like wearing them.
Old School Brother
and i second everyone else who said where to look for golf shirts. Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx all have Nike, Under Armour, and other major brands for around $20. The Ross near my house has also had a steady stream of Nike Dri Fit golf shorts lately. I check back every couple of weeks and they have new stuff in.
JYDog90
AG
So I haven't heard of this before. You subscribe monthly for $45 and they send you 3-4 things according to you style preference/size?

So all you're paying is the $45?
Ag_07
AG
Yep.

You enter all your sizes then pick between three style choices Classic (Fred Couples), Athletic (Dustin Johnson), or Eccentric (Rickie Fowler) and they auto bill your card the $45 and send you a box of 2-3 things every month.

One month it may be Under Armour shorts, Adidas shirt, and socks while next month may be Link Soul shirt, Nike belt, and Millar rain jacket. Winter months you'll get pants and pullovers. I've had buddies get golf shoes in theirs.

It's quality stuff that comes with $60-80 price tags on each item. I'm guessing it's last season's or discontinued fashions, but no one I golf with has ever said 'Dude that shirt was last year's Spring line'.

Like I said if anything do it once for $25 then cancel if you don't like it.
khaos288
AG
Dibs on the next set of dudes who want the discount at shortpar4 referral link

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.