Backyard Golf Net

1,569 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by txislandag86
TresPuertas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The combo of kids/work has really put a damper on my ability to head out to the golf course, and I've essentially lost my swing.

To keep in the rhythm and practice going I was thinking about putting up a practice net in the back yard. Does anyone have one they'd reccomend? I'd like to keep it relatively cheap (< $150) if possible.

Thanks
ORAggieFan
I got the SKLZ net last year. Currently under $100 on Amazon. Goes up and down fast.
dodger02
AG
I had one many years ago. I liked it. I'll caution you to keep it out of the elements. It doesn't take long for the nylon net to get brittle. Your neighbors won't like golf balls screaming into the side of their homes or into their living rooms.

I know from experience.
Phat32
AG
I have the Rukk Net - best part is the ease of use.
jj9000
AG
PJYoung
Swollen Thumb
AG
quote:
I have the Rukk Net - best part is the ease of use.
I strongly recommend this one. After quite a bit of research I got one 3 years ago. I use it a ton and it's held up with no issues. Goes up and down very easily, comes with nice storage bag and very reasonably priced. I' hit real balls into it (including with driver ) and this thing handles them without issue. I got it because reviews were really good and have not been disappointed at all after tons of use.

DannyDuberstein
AG
My only caution is that hitting a lot of balls without the feedback of seeing the result can be a little dicey for grooving a bad habit. But that risk would vary by individual, and the payoff of at least getting to do something vs nothing may still be worth it for a lot of people. I had one a number of years ago and found that using it for chipping (more aggressive) was more productive than hitting full swings into it.
Swollen Thumb
AG
quote:
My only caution is that hitting a lot of balls without the feedback of seeing the result can be a little dicey for grooving a bad habit. But that risk would vary by individual, and the payoff of at least getting to do something vs nothing may still be worth it for a lot of people I had one a number of years ago and found that using it for chipping (more aggressive) was more productive than hitting full swings into it.
I use a Swingbyte which is helpful for feedback when you don't have ball flight to rely on.
txislandag86
quote:
I had one many years ago. I liked it. I'll caution you to keep it out of the elements. It doesn't take long for the nylon net to get brittle. Your neighbors won't like golf balls screaming into the side of their homes or into their living rooms.

I know from experience.
Yep, I put a nice dent in my truck this way, also a few in the garage door. I now keep a tarp behind the net and repair the nylon as needed......which is often.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.