Would you do this? -irons related

1,167 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dcrewint
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My dad wants to buy my RBZ irons, SW, and AW, as well as my Ghost Tour putter for $400. I found some Titleist AP1s with similar specs to what I need on ebay for $300. Should I sell and buy the Titleist irons? I would be out two wedges and a putter if I made the deal, but I hardly play any rounds because I'm trying to work on ball striking and being more consistent.
07fta07
AG
I wouldn't, but I like my irons.
booradley
AG
He's your dad....

Give them to him for free.

Brick Tamland
While I get what you're saying, he has his own clubs and I am not in the market for new ones. Way to make me feel like a jerk, though.
TresPuertas
AG
As long as your dad is ok with it, I see no problem. I looked up the irons and putter and combined with the wedges they look like they would be around $350-$400, so I'm not sure you are giving your dad much of a deal, but as long as he's cool with it....
Brick Tamland
He's the one who came up with the $400 tag. I didn't offer them to him at all.

I paid about $270 for 4-AW, $65 for SW, and $165 for my putter, all after taxes, plus the $100 bag. All have been bought within the last four months so they're very lightly used.
powerbelly
AG
So they are not for sale?

Just tell him that.
Brick Tamland
quote:
So they are not for sale?

Just tell him that.

They weren't, but I am intrigued by his offer and see it as a chance to get different clubs. I don't like the feel and sound of the RocketBladez but I hit them really well.
PJYoung
AG
Just buy him the same clubs online since the $400 price tag seems to be in line. There's no need for you to switch.
dcrewint
Having tested clubs before I bought my AP2s. I'd get rid of the RBZ for AP1s.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.