Demo Day and New Clubs (GolfSmith in The Woodlands)

2 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieC07
Double Twin Marine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never been to a demo day and was wondering if I should head there or not this saturday (04/30). I have no clue what to expect and if this would be a helpful trip or if I would just be bombarded by salesman the whole time. What should you expect and ask for at a demo day? It is from 10-2 if anyone in the Houston area is interested.

I am looking at potentially buying new clubs as my game is getting better and think it's about time to get some new irons. I am taking GolfTec lessons but haven't mentioned it to my instructor yet but just think that I could really see an improvement with some new clubs. My handicap has gone from an unofficial 30+ from when I started playing to a 22 now in about a 2-1/2 year span where I was really not playing consistently. I am getting to go more often now and would be happy to get that handicap to about a 15.

I am still playing with clubs that I bought back around 2007 (Ping G5 white dot) when I was still in collage and know that technology has greatly increased since then. Is it time for new clubs and will that help my game or is the thought of new clubs improving my game just in my head?

Last question, my clubs are in pretty good shape still so if I do upgrade I would look to sell them. What would be a fair marked price for these since they are a little dated? Thanks in advance for any help you guys/gals can provide.
txislandag86
Yes, go to the Demo Day. Great way to hit a variety of clubs. I went to a TaylorMade Demo Day today and liked the PSi irons. The TaylorMade rep was helpful and gave me a fitting spec form along with the price of the irons. Didn't buy the clubs but worth my time.
ORAggieFan
Most GolfTEC plans include a fitting. I did mine last week. Much better than a demo days.
07fta07
AG
quote:
Most GolfTEC plans include a fitting. I did mine last week. Much better than a demo days.

A fitting is definitely going to be better, but nothing wrong with hitting a demo day. It's definitely not a waste of time.
And OP, your clubs are likely not worth selling. I'd keep them as a backup.
Double Twin Marine
AG
Thanks for all the replies. I will probably head over there to check it out and see what they have to offer.

Thanks for the advise on selling the clubs also.
AggieC07
AG
Hopefully the rain will miss us
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.