Hawks Creek Fort Worth

1,878 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheGreatScott12
AGTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone play Hawks Creek recently?

Only mentions I can find by searching are a couple years old.

I'm going to be in Fort Worth next month and wanted to play within a short(ish) Uber ride from Downtown.

Or does anyone have a better recommendation--Fossil Creek, Iron Horse?
Elmo Lincoln
AG
Haven't played it in awhile, but it's a good track. Decent shape. Cool place to watch the F-16's at JRB. Waterchase is a similar Uber ride from downtown and a better layout. Usually in good shape. Might be more crowded depending on time.
NOBEVO
AG
You will enjoy Hawk's Creek. It's a fun course and is in good shape. Get there a little before 8:00 am for the National Anthem followed by lots of "fly overs": F-16s, F-18s, F-35s.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Out of those 3 I like Hawks Creek the best. We play there at least one time a month on the coworker rotation we have going. No one complains. I think it's one of the best values in the area for price vs condition and layout. And yes all the jets make it cool as well

We actually have a 7:30 tee time tomorrow so I'll chime in after that. We missed it last month due to weather so I'll let you know how it's greened up!
Gil Renard
AG
What's the green fees like
grego
AG
Played it about a month ago. Neat course with a beautiful clubhouse.

They remodeled the back 9 a few years ago but still a short course and easy to get around. Can be tight off the tee.

I think the Green Fee is around $50. Outside of Waterchase I think it is far better than any of the other courses mentioned.
agsalaska
AG
Agreed. Outside of Waterchase that is. Waterchase is a championship layout, at least from the tips. Hawks Creek is much easier but no less enjoyable.

We used to play Hawks Creek a lot before they changed out their greens. You can really get after it out there if your game is on. Waterchase is a real test.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
played there Sunday. Course was in decent shape. It's not an overly difficult course if you've played it a few times. It does have some challenging holes throughout though. Few greens had some not so great areas which was surprising compared to last years condition, but they seemed to be keeping the holes out of those areas. Overall it's still a decent bang for your buck in FW
AGTX
AG
Played Hawks Creek today.

Course was in good shape (really good for a municipal course).

There were a few greens that had a part or two in bad shape, but the rest were nice.

Driving range was mat only--I don't know if that was related to the rain this week or a the recent renovation. Mats put a mental hex on me, but these were much higher quality mats than the AstroTurf on concrete that you see a lot of places.

Fun layout, would've been (or will be next time) if I had played it before or played with someone who had played it or if I had a gps (I don't think that really differs from any course), lots of good risk/reward opportunities.

Favorite hole: #14. Par 4, Dogleg(ish) left, creek crosses it twice and guards the left side of the first half of the fairway. I had a full Roy McAvoy melt down and loved every second of it--You should get a discount for buying your own balls from lostgolfballs .com.

Side note cool things: A few cool old buildildings and houses tucked away throughout the course--including the club house. Carswell played Reveillie at about 7:50a and The Star-Spangled Banner at 8a. Reveillie was a shock while teeing up, I was warned about the National Anthem. I fumbled around for a second during the Anthem on how to handle it--I decided to take my hat off and faced the direction of the music (pace of play and the communist behind me be damned)

Edit to answer green fee question: I paid $52 on golf now for a 745 tee time on a Friday
LeFraud
Played out there today for the first time, teed off at 7am and played 36. #14 kicked my ass both times I played it. Neat course and good value, highly recommend. F-16s were pretty cool. Only real complaint would be the par 3s, they are all pretty much the same distance and pretty forgettable outside of #17.
leachfan
Played the back 9 a few weeks ago and it's a great value. Will play again!
TheGreatScott12
AG
I recently played Iron Horse and really enjoyed it. The course is tricky and in good shape.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.