Favorite 9 holers

2,348 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JYDog90
wad86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The town I am in lost its 9 hole country club right in the middle of town about 10 years ago. I really miss that course.

What is your favorite 9 hole course? Doesn't have to be the nicest one you have played, just your favorite
khaos288
AG
Watters Creek! Couple of par four to stretch out on and almost every hole has a water view
jja79
AG
Sandhill Farms at Waller. It's the private course of the owner of Mustang Cat and it's right out his back door. While our course rebuild is going on at Houston Oaks we have reciprocal privileges. It's been fun.
Pignorant
AG
quote:
Sandhill Farms at Waller. It's the private course of the owner of Mustang Cat and it's right out his back door. While our course rebuild is going on at Houston Oaks we have reciprocal privileges. It's been fun.

Just found this on google maps. That course looks sweet but there's no info on it.

Is it just the owner and his buddies that play it?
jj9000
AG
This somewhat qualifies...Firewheel Bridges has (3) 9-hole tracks that they alternate.

The Bridges - Masters (9) holes is a really nice layout that you have to use most of the clubs in your bag on.

Only use Driver on (5) of the holes...unless you want a really high risk shot off the tee.

The opening several holes on that (9) always makes me feel like I'm playing in another state.

Very difficult (9) though.
AustinCountyAg
TPC Bellville
khaos288
AG
quote:
This somewhat qualifies...Firewheel Bridges has (3) 9-hole tracks that they alternate.

The Bridges - Masters (9) holes is a really nice layout that you have to use most of the clubs in your bag on.

Only use Driver on (5) of the holes...unless you want a really high risk shot off the tee.

The opening several holes on that (9) always makes me feel like I'm playing in another state.

Very difficult (9) though.
Is masters the one over the bridge to the left?
jj9000
AG
Yes.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Yes.
Yep, that one has some of the best landscape views around. Although I like all the 9s there.
Ags77
AG
Calvert Country Club
jja79
AG
Yes, plus Houston Oaks can have 20 tee times a day as I understand it. It's very Augusta like in that there is little rough and the under brush is gone. There are guys with blowers out constantly to make sure you don't lose your ball under a leaf on the fairway or have to move a leaf that's in your line off the green.

My son and I have twice played on Saturday afternoons when there were less than 5 carts out on the course.
bigfoot10s
AG
Houston Oaks was nice when I played it before it went private. Enjoyed it a lot, wish I could go play it again!
jja79
AG
The architect that designed Whispering Pines and was the one the ground guy for Nicklaus at Traditions is doing the reconstruction so it should be nice. You would not believe the facilities in place now if you remember it from it's public property days.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Anyone know if there's still that terrible 20 hole course south of cedar hill? Can't remember that place but my brother-in-law used to always want to play there.
Mr.Bond
AG
Conroe Country Club
LeFraud
quote:
Anyone know if there's still that terrible 20 hole course south of cedar hill? Can't remember that place but my brother-in-law used to always want to play there.

Pecan trails in Midlothian? I think it's 21 holes or something, but yea it's terrible.
aggiebrother33
Alvin CC. Learned the hard way to land the ball 10 yards short of the green.... not AN by any means condition wise but a fun track. Most importantly good money game on Sundays, great group of guys.
JYDog90
AG
Copperas Hollow CC in Caldwell
DamageDone
AG
I learned to play on the par 3 9 holer in Country Place.
Icecream_Ag
S
Par 3 at Lake Carlsbad Municipal
AgDotCom
Utopia.

Play it every summer when our group of friends go to the Frio. We play Concan first, then finish off the week at Utopia.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hancock in Austin. Really neat layout, lots of personality. Has been a couple years since I've played it, but apparently the city is putting more $$$ into it now with old Muni setting up to close down.

That land is valuable and the city is cashing in
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Utopia.

Play it every summer when our group of friends go to the Frio. We play Concan first, then finish off the week at Utopia.

Is this the one where the movie was filmed?
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:

Just found this on google maps. That course looks sweet but there's no info on it.

Is it just the owner and his buddies that play it?

I got done with my saturday project early so I went to Sandhill at 3 this afternoon. A twosome was finishing up while I was warming up on the range. They left as I was teeing off.

I played 18 and was the only person on the course. That was fun. As a bonus I watched Simonds' no-hitter on my phone.
JYDog90
AG
When I played it back in '86 it was FL Tucker's private course. On one hole was a sand trap in the shape of an F and another in the shape of an L.

Any chance those are still there?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.