FS - Kingwood Gift Certificate

1,006 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sooper Jeenyus
HouAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sold
Ag_07
AG
Seeing as I saw pictures just last week of the course, driving range, and cart barn completely underwater I'll give you $1. That's my best offer

Seriously though it's something to disclose and/or consider that they may be closed for a while.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Member here - Not including the incoming rain, I was told Sunday by the prop shop that some courses would be open by mid week this week. We shall see though as this rain just wont stop!
AggieC07
AG
Just to clarify, Kingwood CC is private? Or is it semi-private?
HouAggie
AG
Kingwood CC is private.

I didn't consider the fact that they may be closed for some period of time. Thanks for pointing that out. From Aglaw's reply, it sounds like this might not be much of an issue. I've never heard of them being closed for extended periods of time, but that doesn't mean it has never happened. I'm going to pass on your offer, Ag07...holding out for at least $2.
Ag_07
AG
No worries. I don't blame ya

And it does sound like they may be up and running a lot sooner than I expected after seeing those photos.
The Milkman
AG
Ill start the bidding.... I'll give ya $50

cptauer at gmail
07fta07
AG
Email going out today. Supposed to be closed another week pending rain
AggieC07
AG
Looks like there is more rain coming this week.

What a terrible string of weather for those of us who are itching to hit the links.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
quote:
Kingwood CC is private.

I didn't consider the fact that they may be closed for some period of time. Thanks for pointing that out. From Aglaw's reply, it sounds like this might not be much of an issue. I've never heard of them being closed for extended periods of time, but that doesn't mean it has never happened. I'm going to pass on your offer, Ag07...holding out for at least $2.
$2.

Does the GC allow non-members to play?
Ezra Brooks
AG
quote:
Email going out today. Supposed to be closed another week pending rain
Interested to see what the e-mail reads - other than course closure, they didn't pass along too much detail on how bad things were....obviously the pictures painted a pretty bad picture.

I drove by on Sunday and the holes that you can see from the parking lot seemed to have the water gone and was looking in better condition that I expected to see.

I'm sure they're working hard, but wouldn't be surprised if they need a few weeks to be back up and running.

When we had the heavy rains in March, they passed along that they had collected 3 dumpsters of recyclable material and 17 truck-loads of debris/trash. And that was just with a rather common high lake levels that encroaches the several of golf holes - happens multiple times a year.
HouAggie
AG
This rain is killing the value of my gift certificate.

Guys, the course WILL reopen. It's a fantastic facility. You have FOUR different courses from which to choose. Where else can you get that in the Houston area?

Sooper Jeenyus, yes, the GC does allow non-members to play, IF you have this gift certificate.
AggieC07
AG
For the record, I was asking if the club was private or semi-private just for in my personal knowledge.

I played a few of their courses for HS tourneys back in the day, some of the courses are pretty rough.

Is Kingwood Cove still around?
Ag_07
AG
I think you're confused.

The Kingwood Country Club courses are all pretty damn nice and great places to play. Challenging, scenic, and very well conditioned. I think I paid $75-90 for guest fees at the KCC so that about the range for the price of the gift card.

Kingwood Cove is still around but not part of the country club courses. It's a fun beer drinkin course, but nowhere near the same class as the KCC courses.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
$100
AggieC07
AG
Sorry, I'm very aware of the differences between the two.

Should of framed my post differently.
HouAggie
AG
Sooper, just saw your post. Can you email me at username @gmail.com?
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Email sent.

ibanothersuccessfultexagshookup
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.